We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

kolkata
1 post
Save Topic
weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

What will be the temperature in Dec for Shimla,Manali,Rotang Pass?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

Log on www.wunderground.com for the weather forecast. Rohtang Pass will be closed after October.

AshisRoy

Edited: 05 September 2011, 09:41
Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

Rohtang sees first snow often around mid-September or earlier ( see for example here : http://korta.nu/september6th ) , and can go out for a day or two in heavy snowfall from that time. Most years it´s open a lot longer - I went up to Leh in final days of October last year ( http://korta.nu/bluebag ) , and buses stopped running to Manali just before i left , around four weeks later. Both in 2009 and 2008 ( …wordpress.com/2008/… ) Rohtang was open beyond mid-November , after earlier brief closures.

Updates at http://korta.nu/manleh

Make sure you have warm clothes and some munchies if you venture up this way late in the year. Last time I waited for three days in Manali for the Rohtang to be cleared , and one poorly clad tourist that tried to walk down in the heavy snofall died from hypothermia. Stay in the car with your thermos , and wait for the BRO.

Edited: 05 September 2011, 10:32
Kolkata, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

We will be go to Shimla,Kulu, Manali & rohtang on 17/5/2012. On that time Snow will be available on that places? What is the present tempereture on that Places.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

PRALAY_MAJ

There will be snow at Rohtang in May. The temperature would be around 17 degC/25 degC in Manali. Shimla would be little warm. Get light woolens.

AshisRoy

Edited: 08 May 2012, 10:00
Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

Day/night temperatures now at the Rohtang : +2/-5 degrees ( two thousand meters higher makes a lot of difference )

May 1st pic from Rohtang top + updates here : http://korta.nu/sticky

trivandrum
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

What will be the temperature at Manali, rohthang pass on June 11-13, 2012?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

si_mi54

The temperature of Manali likely to be 27 degC/12 degC in June. There could be sharp fall in temperature if rain occurs.

AshisRoy

Edited: 13 May 2012, 07:48
delhi
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

i am going to manali, rohtang pass on 22.6.2012 with family. what is the temperature there this time. what should i carry when go to rohtang pass.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

yadavdinesh17

Today Manali has bright sunny day. Daytime temperature is around 30 degC, night would be 15 degC approx. Take light woolens and umbrella.

AshisRoy

Edited: 20 June 2012, 07:33
patna
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: weather at Shimla,Manali,Rohtang Pass

i am planning to come down to manali near 30th sep with my family.plz suggest me that what will be the weather condition & also planned to go to rohtang pass. some detail plz as 5-7 yrs of myh D & S will also with me.