We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali in december

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Manali in december

Hi Friends,

I am planning for a trip to Manaly during december 2010, I have heard that Rohtang will b closed during that time; Could anyone confirm the same? We cant even see Rohtang in Dec???

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manali in december

yes ! Rohtang will be closed in December due to snow....

London, gurgaon
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manali in december

Hi,

Yes you are right, Rohtang pass will be closed, however, Solang vally will be open, which has a very beautifull view and so does the place called Gulabo.

I am going to Manali as well this year in December again, hope to enjoy there.

London, gurgaon
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manali in december

Hi,

Yes you are right, Rohtang pass will be closed, however, Solang vally will be open, which has a very beautifull view and so does the place called Gulabo.

I am going to Manali as well this year in December again, hope to enjoy there.

Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manali in december

Hi

Dear friend, yes Rhotang pass is officially closed these days.And a rescue post is fixed at Marhi and Koksar these days to assist the peoples who cross the Rhotang pass.These are moslty the people of Lahul and Spiti who to and fro Rhotang pass on foot.

But you can enjoy snow at snow point.It varies with time to time and with snow fall.

Any query or information pls feel free to write here .

ABC Manali

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Manali in december

hi dear you can go to solang valley just 9 km from manali in december 2010 also a further distance on the way to rohtang you have the luxury to go to marhi which is full of snow at this yime of the year.

6. Re: Manali in december

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 05:18