We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi-Manali-Simla: Nov 30th to Dec 8th

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thiruvananthapuram...
4 posts
Save Topic
Delhi-Manali-Simla: Nov 30th to Dec 8th

Dear All,

Me and my wife is planning to visit Delhi, Shimla and Manali during the period November 30th - December 30th. Below is the itnerary that we have narrowed down to.

Nov 30th- Arrive in delhi by afternoon. Visit Red Fort, Qutab Minar and India Gate.

Dec 1st- Take the 6am shatbdhi to Agra Cantt. Visit Taj Mahal and other places in Agra. Board the 8:45pm Shatbdhi back to delhi

Dec 2nd - Take the 7:40am Kalka Shatbdhi from New Delhi to kalka. After getting down at Kalka at 11:45am, board the Himalayan Queen to Simla at 12:10pm. Arrive Simla in th evening. Stroll in the ridge and check-in

Dec 3rd - Spend the day in Simla (??)

Dec 4th - Depart for Manali from Simla in the morning

Dec 5th - Spend the day in Manali

Dec 6th - Spend the day in Manali

Dec 7th - Spend the day in Manali and leave for delhi in the evening

Dec 8th- Arrive in delhi in the morning

I have a few questions: (will try to keep it short and simple)

1)On dec 4th, we are planning to depart from Manali by bus in the morning on some suggestions by some travel experts. Wont we waste an entire day for travel?

2) My wife is quite a adventourous person and she wants to engage in adventorous activities especially river rafting. Please let me know whether it will be available. Also what are the other activities available in Manali.

4) Finally would appreciate if i get some advice on the good budget hotels in Delhi ( prefer closer to railway station ), simla and manali.

Also kindly review the plan and advice if any amendements needs to be done

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Roopak

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi-Manali-Simla: Nov 30th to Dec 8th

Hi,

1. According to me it will take around 8 hours by bus. Your entire day will spend in the travel.

2. Adventure activities are available in Manali.Rafting is also available in manali, even you can do paragliding and skiing in manali.

3. budget hotels in delhi near railway station are:

* Hotel Sunrise Dx.

* Hotel Anmol

* Hotel Geeson

Dec 3rd - Kufri and Local tour

Dec 4th - Depart for Manali from Shimla in the morning

Dec 5th - Rohtang Pass Tour

Dec 6th - Kullu Manikaran Tour

Dec 7th - Manali Local Sightseeing and leave for delhi in the evening

Dec 8th- Arrive in delhi in the morning

Thanks & Regards

Guru Manali

Edited: 05 November 2013, 11:24
Thiruvananthapuram...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi-Manali-Simla: Nov 30th to Dec 8th

Thanks Guru for your fast response. Much appreciated.

Do you suggest leaving for Manali from shimla overnight (ie dec 3rd night) rather than day travel on dec 4th?

Thanks.

Thiruvananthapuram...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi-Manali-Simla: Nov 30th to Dec 8th

Also i also want to goto solang valley. Please advise.

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi-Manali-Simla: Nov 30th to Dec 8th

Hi,

According to me you should leave on 4th day only. if you can travel at night then its ok you can move 3rd day also.

Thanks & Regards

Guru Manali

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi-Manali-Simla: Nov 30th to Dec 8th

Hi,

while doing Rohtang Pass tour Solang valley comes in between it you can visit it on the same day.

Thanks & Regards

Guru Manali

6. Re: Delhi-Manali-Simla: Nov 30th to Dec 8th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:18