We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Manali in Jan 2014

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Manali in Jan 2014

Hi Guys,

I along with my 3 friends are planning a trip to Manali in Jan 2014 (3-4 days trip). After referring to a lot of threads on various sites i came to following conclusion, need your valuable advice's and suggestion regarding the same.

a) We will start from Delhi by train for Chandigarh and from Chandigarh we have planned to book a taxi upto Manali, will that be ok?

b)We will start from Delhi at 2:35 PM via Janshatabdi so in that case we will be reaching Chandigarh around 7:30 PM, so what do u suggest should we stay in Chandigarh that night and start early next morning or we should start from Chandigarh and halt some were in between, my main concern is that i dont want to miss the scenic beauty that falls on way to Manali. So if anyone can tell me how further from Chandigarh i should go and halt my night Journey ?

c) I would appreciate if you could refer me some good hotel names in Manali and also some good drivers whose company can be fun as per your previous experiences. Also the aprrox cost for the Taxi Trip (Chandigarh -Manali- Chandigarh) and hotels.

Thanks in advance for your valuable advices and suggestions.

Warm Regards

Adarsh Rai

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip to Manali in Jan 2014

Hi All,

Thanks for all your support and time. Almost done with all the planning just left with the Cab hiring part for the trip. Checking will all the travel and tour guys. Does HPTDC or Him-Anchal Taxi Union provide a complete package for Taxi Tour from Chandigarh to Manali including local sight seeing and brop back to Chandigarh.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or any other suggestions for hiring Cabs for this trip.

Regards

Adarsh Rai

12. Re: Trip to Manali in Jan 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:16