We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali to Delhi

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Manali to Delhi

We have our flight back to our home town from delhi. I want to know is there only one option for coming back to delhi from manali which is by bus?? I heard there is no other option except for volvo buses. If this is the case, then are these buses safe to travel?

Please suggest.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manali to Delhi

Buses are totally safe. :)

Level Contributor
334 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manali to Delhi

Hi Rajucanon,

I've just returned to Delhi from Manali recently on 18/12. From my understanding, there is an airport at Bunthar (hope got the name correct), halfway from Manali but I learnt from the travel agent that there is only one flight per day to Delhi at 7:40am, and I do not know whether it's still operating now.

Other than that, we took the bus service from Manali to Delhi and IMHO, its safe. We took a Volvo, left Manali at 4.30pm and reached Delhi the next morning at 6.30am. Kudos to the bus driver - he's very experienced, driving long distance on a winding road and fogs at Delhi. I thanked him after the journey for a safe trip.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
432 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manali to Delhi

Yes Volvo is the best option for Delhi to Manali and Back to Delhi.

for Packages visit www.ShimlaManaliPackages.com or Call 24x7 095 83 83 83 83

4. Re: Manali to Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question