We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Manali in April 2014

Mumbai (Bombay...
10 posts
Save Topic
Visit to Manali in April 2014

Hi,

I want to visit Shimla, Kullu, Manali in the last week of April (23-30) or so.. can you help me wiht the places which I can visit during this period. This is the first visit to Shimla, Kullu and Manali. Please tell me about the best places I can visit in these areas. Also how many days it will take to visit these places please name them as best places to visit and second best places.. so that if time does not permits I can will not visit second best places.

Also I would like to visit rohtang pass during this visit. Can I visit rohtang pass during this time or it will be closed and how many days it will take to visit rohtang pass

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
197 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Manali in April 2014

Rohtang Pass may not yet be open. But you can enjoy the trip to the Solang Valley and enjoy the snow. You will need three days for Shimla and three days for Manali.

Nearby places - Kufri and Chail (Shimla). Many places to visit in Shimla and Manali.

Mumbai (Bombay...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Manali in April 2014

by what time rohtang pass will open .. and is postponing the trip worth it

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
197 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Manali in April 2014

You may postpone the trip to middle of May if you are very keen on visiting Rohtang Pass. I don't think there is any fixed date for the pass opening, it generally happens in the first week of May.

Anyway, May would be a good time to visit Manali. Tourists would be aplenty, and you would need to leave very early in the morning to reach Rohtang pass.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Manali in April 2014

if you have hotels etc booked for april than you can visit Solang valley for snow and related activities, while going from manali to shimla you can enjoy a day at kullu mostly river rafting in kullu

In shimla kufri is also good place have a snow. you can avoid horse journey if you can walk for 2-3 kms. charges are too high and nothing extra special in horse riding

5. Re: Visit to Manali in April 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:18