We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to spiti valley

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to spiti valley

I plan to travel to spiti valley from 4 june untill 9 june from mAnali. I want to go trekking and camping in that area..will there be agents in manali so when i reach i can book a tour or i would have to book in advance. Which are good ones?

Will the roads be open in forst week on june?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to spiti valley

May contact India Hikes 09342812775, 7676823355. Email: info@indiahikes.in for trekking around Manali. Road to Spiti Valley usually open in June.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 17:17
2. Re: Trip to spiti valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 15:29
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to spiti valley

Me and a friend plan to travel in forst week of june. As we are not sure about grouos going there. We will domthis on our own. Will hire a car from manali and go to spiti valley by 5 th june. I dont think it should be a problem.

Thank you Ashishji

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to spiti valley

kimJodhpur

You can easily do this trip on your own, no issue.

Edited: 14 April 2014, 07:54
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
585 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to spiti valley

Yes Kim,

Spiti is very much alive in June... renting a car is good idea but pls opt for full insurance package.

Cheers!!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to spiti valley

I will be travelling to Spiti valley during the 1st week of May. The Manali route is currently closed so my only option is to travel via Shimla.

Not that I wish to discourage you, however from the blogs and information I got, you cannot be very sure of the Manali route being open during the 1st week of June as it will be still snowing during early June and if not, the local authorities will be busy working to clear the snow to make road good for travel. If you really wish to travel via Manali, i'd suggest you to choose the end of June.

Regards,

A

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to spiti valley

Above post is correct : the Kunzum La opens normally a lot later than the Rohtang , and this is not a normal year - still sporadic snowfall in Kalpa and over the Rohtang for example just a few days ago.

The NH 22 via Shimla is normally open almost all year round up to Kaza . The main problems comes with monsoon rains taking out the. Malling stretch.

Updates on my blog , http://vistet.wordpress.com

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to spiti valley

Now im wondering to go to shimla to do the spiti valley trip or take a chance from manali.

Manali, India
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to spiti valley

Hi kim,

June would be absolutely fine for your trek. Regarding Manali it is already improving weather-wise. By mid of may the road will be through to rohtang and beyond. There are so many Trek organizers in manali. So no worries. Just plan, pack n move.

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to spiti valley

Rohtang and the Kunzum La are completely different issues : Rohtang and the Manali-Leh road gets massive resources because it's a military priority.