We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Manali to Shimla.

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Agartala, Tripura...
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Travel between Manali to Shimla.

What is the best option for transfer between Manali to Shimla. What may be the approx cost. Is there any sight seeing option during travel between Manali to Shimla.

Doha, Qatar
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

You can go by taxi from manali to shimla. On the way you can visit manikkaran, an excellent place to watch. For that you need to start early from manali as it takes an additional 4 hrs. On the way sundernagar lake and Pandoh dam. It costs around. Rs 5000

Edited: 21 April 2014, 15:11
Agartala, Tripura...
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

Thanks for your reply.

what is the actual travel time and cost directly between manali to shimla by car?

Manali, India
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

Hi,

The travel time from Manali to Shimla is 6-7 hrs.The taxi fare is 5000 for couple, i.e for small vehicle like Alto, indica. If you go for a bigger vehicle, then the cost would increase by 1000.

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

Hi Gagan_NITA,

Manali to Shimla distance 260 km and it will take 7 hours to reach Shimla from Manali, there are buses in Morning and evening by HPTDC it will cost Rs: 450/- per person. if you want taxi service it will cost Rs: 4000/- for Alto, Innova will cost Rs: 5500/-

Thanks & Regards

Guru Manali

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
84 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

Hello Gagan,

There are 3 routes from manali to shimla...first & convensional one already told in the forum...

2nd route is via sundernagar - chindi - tattapani - naldehra - shimla...

3rd route is via aut - banjar - shoja - jalori pass - narkanda - theog - shimla ..3rd route is most scenic - roads also little bad vetween shoja to jalori pass - need to stay in banjar / narkanda on the way.

I just returned from the trip visited this route - it was amazing experience ...

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

Hi All,

I am travelling from Mumbai for Manali. I will staying in Club Mahindra's resort in Manali between 8th April to 13th April. 13rd would be my checkout at 10am. Do you advice me to get down to Kalka instead chandigarh and cover Shimla and then to Manali or it is better to cover while return journey to Mumabi.

I am new to that area, never been to either Manali or Shimla. Please guide.

Shimla, India
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

Though it wont make much difference either way but suggest you cover Shimla first and then Manali. Will suggest toy train ride from Kalka to Shimla

Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

Hi All

Do we have any buses from Manali to Shimla in the night?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
500 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

there are two buses operated by HRTC at 7 pm and 9 pm ... you can book them directly from HRTC site or counter

10. Re: Travel between Manali to Shimla.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2016, 05:17