We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MAnali-Keylong-Manali on one day

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
MAnali-Keylong-Manali on one day

Dear All,

Is it possible to cover MAnali-Keylong-Manali in one day if I leave Manali at 6 in the morning?

I know it may be hectic but is it possible and manageable by hiring a private local taxi for a day?

How much it would cost approximately?

Kindly share your expertise.

Warm regards,

Ajay

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MAnali-Keylong-Manali on one day

In high season it would mean little to no time outside the car . The quickest run ever I've made up to Keylong was six hours , a number of times it has taken nearly the same time just up to the Rohtang La.

Manali, India
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MAnali-Keylong-Manali on one day

Hi,

On a less traffic day, it takes 5 hours to reach keylong from manali. As you are planning to start by 6, it should take the same time or even less. It is possible to return the same day. The taxi charges for Rohtang is 1800, so till Keylong and back to manali would cost 4500-5000.

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MAnali-Keylong-Manali on one day

Five hours or less to Keylong won't happen in high season - I have done Manali-Leh more times than i remember , and never made it under six .

4. Re: MAnali-Keylong-Manali on one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:16