We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

Mumbai...
5 posts
Save Topic
Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

I am going to visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept 2014. Is it a good time to visit Manali in September. Will their be show in Rohtak & Solang valley. Can I experience a snow fall as per the climatic conditions.

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Solang Valley
Solang Valley
2,658 Reviews
Manali, India
Surat, India
Level Contributor
88 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

Its gud time to visit manali.. monsoon almost over n it wil b green everywhr.. bt thr wont b any snow on rohtang at time..

Surat, India
Level Contributor
88 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

Its gud time to visit manali.. monsoon almost over n it wil b green everywhr.. bt thr wont b any snow on rohtang at time..

Shimla, India
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

September is generally a good time to visit manali but worst time if you are to see snow. the last season snow is almost melted out and the fresh season snowfall is still to come... if u are planning to visit generally then sept is fine (less crowd too), but if the snow is the visiting purpose... postpone ur trip at least by a month

Edited: 08 June 2014, 12:14
Mumbai...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

Thank you very much Baaankaii for your reply. I had changed my travel dates to Nov 4 - Nov 9. Is it the good time to see a snow fall or atleast the accumulated snow. Will Rohtang pass be open.? Also will the adventurous sport such as paragliding, skiing will be operative.? Please reply.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,159 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

SangamKhandare

In November, fresh snowfall occurs at Rohtang/Gulaba. Snow activities available. Rohtang Pass can be closed anytime depending on climate

Edited: 19 June 2014, 16:25
Mentioned in this post
Gulaba
Gulaba
486 Reviews
Manali, India
Rohtang Pass
Rohtang Pass
1,023 Reviews
Himachal Pradesh, India
Mumbai...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

Thank you very much Ashis Sir..

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

With luck you can see snow even in September : http://korta.nu/september6th

This was not a unique happening : in 2009 for example the Rohtang was out three times after heavy snowfall before mid-September.

Snow burns away quickly even October though , as long as it's not cloudy. In 2010 I came to Manali just after massive snowfall , last week in October : …wordpress.com/2010/10/24/rothang-whiteout/

Three days later the road was open again , and I went to Leh . The sun made most of the work .

Edited: 23 June 2014, 05:20
Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
8. Re: Going to Visit Manali between 23 - 28 Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:15