We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi - Manali via Una

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
5 posts
Save Topic
Delhi - Manali via Una

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to travel from delhi to manali starting 17th june. Plan is to drive my own car i.e. Honda city with spouse and kid. My departure will start at 7 am in the morning so wanted to check if bad road between swarghat and bilaspur can be avoided by taking turn from kiratpur to una, Also do suggest me the place for night stay if road from kiratpur to una is taken.

Manali, India
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi - Manali via Una

Hi,

Road conditions are same , and very bad......

Regards

Neeraj

Shimla, India
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi - Manali via Una

kiratpur to una is actually worse then kiratpur to bilaspur. Kiratpur to bilaspur is only 80 kms strech which can be done in 2-3 hrs. whereas via una it gets very long (dnt hv appx idea).

New Delhi, India
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi - Manali via Una

Btw just want to know about Honda city as a vehicle for my trip since i am planning to drive my own car i.e Honda city for my journey . I Have heard that there is very bad stretch of 70-80 km between kiratpur and bilaspur so wanted to check if it will not ruin my vehicle.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi - Manali via Una

Did you travel? Which route? What's update? I am planning by coming weekend

New Delhi, India
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi - Manali via Una

I took kiratpur-swarghat-bilaspur route which is bad for about 50 kms but advisable to take this route only since via una is longer and equally bad if you are not use to drive in hills. You will be better if you take swarghat-bilaspur route so enjoy your stay in manali.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi - Manali via Una

I don't agree on it that Una route is any bad. For me, its been kind of dream route and I didn't faced even a single pathhole literally before Jahu.. Narrow roads near Jahu for few kms but rest part is some Hollywood style scenic roads.

Longer for sure but if you have 2 hrs extra time, then its a road which one must have been for once at least... Photos attached in my blog post

nitishkumar.net/2014/…

7. Re: Delhi - Manali via Una

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:15