We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Manali during the rain

Lucknow, India
1 post
Save Topic
Visit Manali during the rain

Hi,

I am planning to visit Manali on 25th to 30th June with my family but worrying about rain.

Can you pls let us help to know should I cancel the trip or continue?

Also during the rain can we go rohtang & snow valley?

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Manali during the rain

Hi,

For the moment there is no serious trouble due to rains.... In fact, the months about to come, July - August are when the rains hit hard. So June is all fine.

But the major conern is the traffic. With summers peaking in north india and kids having school break, big time tourists rush to hills in this time of the year. sometimes there are big jam to Rohtang during this time.

But still, you can go to Manali. If you want to cancel, then dont do for Jul-Aug, but sept-oct.

CheerS!

Luv.

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
New Delhi, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Manali during the rain

I just returned from Manali, though there is rain but very normal. This year Monsoon is predicted to be started by 5th July. I think its safe to continue your trip in June. Suggest to visit Rohtang and Solang Valley both. I experienced a new day tour to Kullu- Naggar with Jana water falls. It was an awesome day trip, worth exploring it as well.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 08:28
Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Solang Valley
Solang Valley
2,694 Reviews
Manali, India
Kullu
Kullu
Kullu District, India
3. Re: Visit Manali during the rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16