We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Hi,

We are planning a trip to Manali in 3rd week of October 2014. My questions are

1. Will this be off season in Manali?

2. Would Rohtang Pass be open?

3. Will I be able to experience snow in Rohtang / Solang?

4. Is our Chandigarh (Punjab) Registration tourist vehicle be allowed to go up to Rhotang Pass?

5. If not how to book taxi for Rohtang Pass?

6. Can I cover Rohtang/Marhi/ Gulaba/Rahala Falls/Solang in a day? what time should I start in the morning?

Thanks in Advance

Rash1978

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
585 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Hi,

1) There is no impact of Off season on Manali. It's a big and vast tourist destiantion with all the hotels/ Restraunt/ etc open in October. The best thing while in october is LESS crowd. You can go to Manali any time of the year, but to avoid during monsoon inJuly/ Aug.

2) Although, Rohtang is very much fine in October but can close temprorarily depending on the weather. It cant be predicted now and you will have to see the REAL TIME info once there. But the possibiltiy of it being open is more.

3) Yes there will be snow but on far ranges and peakes. Chances of snow under feet "all around" is lesser as October snow doesnot stay for much.

4)Yes, as of today.

5) If not, then you should hire HP registered taxi from Manali itself. U can arrage locally or your hotel can assist.

4)

CheerS!

Luv.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Thank you so much Mr. Sharma.. I will come back to you if I need any further info..

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

1. Can I do sightseeing of Rohtang pass and Solang Valley in a single day?

2. How much time is needed to spend at Solang ? We may not go for adventure sports.

3. How much time is required to reach Solang from Manali?

4. Is Manikaran worth a visit?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Manali destination experts, kindly reply on above queries.. Pls.. Need help.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,822 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Solang and Rohtang can be done in a day. But one should start from Manali by 7 am, else the road gets traffic congested. Manali to Solang takes around half an hour.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 16:57
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
585 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Hi Rash1978,

To measure the "worthiness" of Manikaran totally depends on you. If u find holy places interesting. But Manikran is also known for it's hot srpings. Although, the way is quite interesting as it takes you through Parvati valley and along Parvati River at stretches. You will pass thru Kasol.

CheerS!

Luv.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Thank you so much Mr. Sharma & Mr. Roy.. Thanks for the information.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

Hi Again,

Can some one please tell me how much time would it take to travel from Kullu to Dharamshala if we start early morning say 7 AM... Would we reach by noon??

9. Re: Planning Manali trip in October 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15