We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manali

Guwahati, Assam...
2 posts
Save Topic
manali

sir can i find snow in and around manali inbetween 25th to 27th december 2014

Surat, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manali

U can surely find now on gulaba at that time. Rohtand might b closed..

If u r lucky thn u might get to see live snowfall in manali.

Surat, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: manali

Snow*

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manali

I am planning to visit Manali between 4th to 6th Oct with my family. i have few questions in my mind like where to book the hotel. Aleo or near mall road and pl also suggest some good hotels for both the options budget 3000/night

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: manali

If u really want peace then would suggest you to avoid any hotel on road or mall road...provided u r not going with aged person who may have problem to reach hotel at far...u can opt for Sagar resort on the way to hidamba temple... It would near to ur budget..u can also go for hotels on the way from mall road to many temple...if u r going with friends and looking hotel only to have sleep...then can book in old manali..u can easily get hotels there...

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: manali

Hi Thank for the update. I will reach Manali on noon 4th October and my plan is to return back on 6th Morning. could you please suggest me itinerary for Manali Visit in this time or we need one more day for the same. we have our own taxi with us.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: manali

Pls have one more day to spend in Manali..

For 2 days u can plan as follows:

Day 1 :Visit Van Vihar, Hidamba temple, Manu Temple also do window shopping / shopping in manali..for shopping and food u can opt Old Manali ( Manu Temple Area) ..u can also visit vashisht temple.

Day 2 : Move early to Rohtang Pass ( Should move 4 to 6 AM )...moving early will save lot of time which can be wasted in traffic..while coming down u can spend some time at Marhi, Gulaba, Solang Valley and Nehru Kund etc.

Day 3 : Move back to ur origin destination...just check if u can spare few hours then you can visit Manikaran..For Manikaran u would need to take left from Bhuntar instead of right to Chandigarh or Delhi...By car it would take approx 5 hour in returning back to bhuntar...but you will love the scenic beauty...on the way..'

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: manali

Thanks Prateek I am extending my trip to one more day and my kids are very excited for cable car rope way. Can I found it in between kullu and manali or it is only near salong. When to go there while goIng to rohtang or while coming back

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: manali

Its good to extend a day...manali is quite a beautiful place that no one can feel happy with just 2 days in hand. Cable car is at solang valley...u should visit solang valley while coming down..

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: manali

we will start our Journey on 3rd and planning for a night halt at Mandi.

1.while driving towards Manali on 4th is there any attraction between Kullu and Manali that we can cover on the same day.

2. second as i asked in another post as well that in some posts it is mentioned that outside Taxi are not allowed for Rohtang Pass. if it is true then what is the solution or if we can go up to salong valley.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: manali

While moving from Mandi to Manali...u can go to manikaran first and if time permits then can do shopping etc in Kullu....there are number of river rafting agents on the way to manali.

Private vehicle can go to Rohtang without any hassles...