We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

J&K Trip in the 1st week of April, 2014_Queries

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
J&K Trip in the 1st week of April, 2014_Queries

Hi Friends,

My Itinerary for Jammu & Kashmir Tour in the 1st week of April, 2014 is as follows:

Day-1: Kolkata to Amritsar by Flight. Visit Golden Temple & Akal Takht.

Day-2: From Amritsar starts at 12 noon for Jammu and arrive Jammu at 4pm by Car/Bus and visit Bahu Fort, Raghunathji Temple, Amarmahal Palace Musium. Night holt at Jammu.

Day-3: Morning 6am proceed to Udhampur from Jammu by train and reach Udhampur at 8.05am. Visit Sanasar, Nathatop & Patnitop by car and proceed to Banihal. Night holt at Banihal.

Day-4: Morning 7am proceed to Pahalgam and reach arround 10am by car. Proceed to Baisaran valley & return to Pahalgam market. Night holt at Pahalgam.

Day-5: Morning 9am proceed to Chandanwari, Betab valley in 1st half and Aru in 2nd half by local cab. Night holt at Pahalgam.

Day-6: Morning 8am proceed to Sinthan Top and Night holt at Kokernag.

Day-7: Morning 9am proceed to Srinagar and enjoy Shikara ride in the evening. Night holt at Houseboat, Srinagar.

Day-8: Morning 8am proceed to Sankaracharya Temple, Nishatbag, Chashmashahi in 1st half and Tiulip Garden & Pari Mahal at 2nd Half. Night holt at Srinagar.

Day-9: Morning 8am proceed to Sonmarg. Night holt at Srinagar.

Day-10: Morning 6am proceed to Gulmarg. Enjoy Gondola ride. Night holt at Srinagar.

Day-11: Morning 8am proceed to Yusmarg. Return Srinagar & shopping in 2nd half. Night holt at Srinagar.

Day-12: 2.15 pm - Flight – Srinagar to Kolkata.

Total Travellers (up to Srinagar) - 5 (4 adult + one 3 year old child) – My parents aged 64 & 55 (Physically fit).

From Srinagar 2 adult & 2 child (age 1 & 7) will join us on Day-8.

My quarries-

1. Any advice, suggestions or amendment would be greatly appreciated.

2. Baisaran valley trip will be possible with this group as my 3year old son & my parents will be with us? Other than horse riding for 3 hour, is there any other option to reach Baisaran valley?

3. We are planning to stay at JKTDC’s hut at Banihal & Kokernag. Is it OK?

4. Travel time by car from Patnitop to Banihal? We will start from Patnitop at around 3pm.

5. In April 1st week can it be possible to reach at the end point of Sinthan Top?

6. Total Travellers (From Srinagar) - 5 (4Adult + 1 Child) + 4 (2Adult + 2 Child)

- Total – 6Adult & 3 Child (age 1, 3 & 7).

We would like to have a dedicated cab for whole trip & what will be the good option - Tata Sumo or Scorpio or Travera?

7. Any other tips especially for April months?

8. Amritsar to Jammu car (Tata Sumo) fare?

Your reply will be helpful for us.

1. Re: J&K Trip in the 1st week of April, 2014_Queries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:18