We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

Indore, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

Hello Tripadvisors,

We (two couples) are planing for Vaishnav devi mata darshan in mid september. We will be arriving in Jammu Airport at 8 PM on Sep 19th 2014 and have a return flight at 7 AM on Sep 21st Sep.

Please help me with the below :

Is it possible to have darshan of Mata Vaishno Devi in this time-frame, keeping in mind that the darshan day (Sep 20th) is sunday and is just 1 week before navratri start date.

If its possible please guide on how should we proceed.

Thanks in advance,

Surbhit

Edited: 28 February 2014, 07:22
Vaishno Devi
Sacred & Religious Sites
Nau Devi Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Dharika Tourism Private Limited
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Hire, City Tours, Day Trips, Helicopter Tours
Dera Baba Banda
Sacred & Religious Sites
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

=> Yes, Vaishno Devi darshan in one is certainly possible...

Probabale Itinerary can be like:

-> Reach Jammu in evening on 19th...stay at hotel for night

-> Early Morning by 6:00 am charter a taxi or by local luxury bus go to katra (starting point of pilgrimage), it will take 1.5-3 hours from jammu to katra..

-> In katra, take the to and fro helicopter to sanjhi chat (may be 1500+ taxes per person)...generally, 15 minutes in helicopter and 2-3 hours for darshan, 2 hours from sanjhi chat to mata and back..so total of 6 hours..

-> take the charter taxi or local luxury back to jammu....

You are back by evening of 20th...

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,738 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

Itinerary -

0900 : Leave for Katra helipad

0930 : Arr Katra helipad

1000 : Helicopter Flight For Katra - Sanjichhat

1005 : Arrival at Sanjichhat helipad 2 KM distance from Sanjichhat helipad to Bhawan- VIP darshan

1330 : Reporting time at Sanjichhat helipad

1400 : Helicopter from Sanjichhat - Katra

1405 : Arrival at Katra helipad and transfer to hotel

Edited: 28 February 2014, 07:56
Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

Would it be crowded on Sat n Sun? Is the journey very tiring or it is easier now?

If we arrive Jammu in the evening 7 PM....isn't is possible to book a cab n go directly to Katra from Jamu

airport? If we are not taking Helicopter (at Katra), then how much time would it take normally to reach

Vaishno Devi from Katra? I am trying to guage the approximate time for complete darshan tour from

Jammu to Vaishno Devi via Katra....(Starting Point will be Jammy (8 PM approx) ....

Since return flight is from Jammu, isn't it better to book the Hotel at Jammu only rather than Katra?

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
4,871 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

Being a weekend and with festive season approaching, it'd be very crowded, especially in the evening. You can take the helicopter service, as mentioned above, or look for special 'entry tickets' for reserved guests to avoid queues and save time.

Pune, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

This topic is really useful to me. At the same time, I have few more queries... Can you guys help me answer them too...

1) If I'm unable to book any special darshan tickets or helicopter tickets, Is there any other way to reach Bhawan quickly ?

2) Can I book the services offered from local tour operators for special darshan. Are they legitimate ?

3) What are the timings of Aarti? I could not find them on maavaishnodevi website... although they mention after sunset etc, Is there any approximate time... how long they perform by what time they start etcc.,

4) I heard that dhoti/saree to be wore before going for darshan. Are there rest rooms available to change our dress before going to Maa darshan? OR Do we need to get prepared with dhoti and other precautions from the helipad itself?

Thanks in advance...

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,376 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

Hi,

1.The best & quickest way for a hassle free darshan is to book your to & fro helicopter tickets with return on the same day,which will also ensure you a VIP pass.Tickets can be booked online a month in advance.The other option is to use a pony.

2.Many genuine local tour operators offer helicopter darshan as well as VIP passes in their packages.

3.Aarti is done after sunset & depends on the season.

4.There are restrictions in carrying mobiles,leather wallets,purses & belts.You can store them in lockers near the main bhavan.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 10:20
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि aham brahmāsmi: God's NOT in caves, but @ people, "Possibility of Vaishnav Devi Mata darshan in a single day" = Help, empower the poor, disadvantaged, esply girls in your city, INSTANT Mata Darshan :-)

8. Re: Possibility of Vaishnav devi mata darshan in a single day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:19