We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kashmir in last week May

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kashmir in last week May

hi AshisRoy

I am booked for last week may for Kashmir.. We are 3 and my 2 yr old daughter..

I will first visit Vaishnodevi and then from Patnitop to Pahalgam - stay here for a day and then to Srinagar..

How will be the climate in May and will we get to experience snow?

Also, do u really suggest we stay in Gulmarg or Sonmarg? I was planning to station in Srinagar and then take day excursions to Gulmarg and Sonmarg.

Any recos on houseboats? Any dos or donts?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kashmir in last week May

To add to this - I heard this its the Tulip season.. wow.. Where can i get to see them?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,531 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kashmir in last week May

bhavnam4

I have already replied to your 1st post. However, The Tulip Garden is in Srinagar. It will be closed by April end.

AshisRoy

Edited: 20 April 2012, 15:48
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kashmir in last week May

Thanks ashish.. How is the road from srinagar to jammu? Are these winding roads? And how much time will it take?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kashmir in last week May

Thanks ashish.. How is the road from srinagar to jammu? Are these winding roads? And how much time will it take?

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kashmir in last week May

Hi,

I been kashmir in apr . 2010 .

As u traveling with 2year kid so its best to stay at shrinagar,make sure you have warm cloth for kid ,as it gone be so cold . You do day trips for gulmurg or sonmurg , we did ptnitop on way beck to catch train .

Dev

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,531 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kashmir in last week May

bhavnam4

Jammu - Srinagar highway is althrough hilly terrain. The road is wider than any other hill roads in India. There are bends all over. You may take a break at Patnitop/Kud/Batot. The journey will take 11 hrs by bus and 9-10 hrs by car.

AshisRoy

Edited: 21 April 2012, 07:16
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kashmir in last week May

Hi Ashish,

Based on your recommendation, i am now staying at Pahalgam (1nght) and Gulmarg (1nt) and rest in Srinagar.

Wanted to know if Pahalgam - Gulmarg - Srinagar is doable or do i have to go Pahalgam - Srinagar - Gulmarg?

Also the hotels in Gulmarg are quoting 6K per night on the websites.. Is that the real cost?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,531 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kashmir in last week May

bhavnam4

From Pahalgam to Gulmarg, you have to go via Srinagar. It would be better Pahalgam - Srinagar - Gulmarg.

Most of the hotels of Gulmarg and Pahalgam are sold out for May, that is why they are asking for higher rates. For which hotel you are talking ?

Edited: 27 April 2012, 13:25
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kashmir in last week May

This **WAS** Hotel Pahalgam.. Now they quote 10K!! :(

Any other good options would you know of? Any cottages or Dak Bungalows or homestays? Would you recommend JKTDC?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,531 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kashmir in last week May

May try Brown Palace, Pine Villa Guest House, Alpine Inn, Pine Spring, Pine Cliff Resorts, Baisaran, Heena. Location of JKTDC is good but you may have to compromise with the service.

Edited: 30 April 2012, 11:13