We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

New Delhi, India
5 posts
Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

I am planning to visit kashmir( Srinagar, gulmarg Pahalgahm) in Feb 2013)

i am planing to book it form hungrybags.com

they have given me a quote of 40000(w/o air tickets) for 2 for 7 days

hotels are

1. Hotel Grand Mahal/Comrade Inn in srinagar

2. Hotel Grand Mumtaz in Phalgham and gulmarg.

3 Deluxe house boat in srinagar.

Is it okay to go ahead with the package?

Again is it advisable to go to kashmir in FEB?

will there be too much cold?

will i be able to enjoy all the locations?

kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

New Delhi, India
5 posts
1. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

Someone please suggest me on this.

eagerly wating for reply from Mr Ashish Roy & Kashmir111

Jammu City, India
Destination Expert
for Kashmir, Srinagar
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
2. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

Th property which you are going to use is good , check the review first and try to get quote from srinagar travel agents because they get more discount the hungrybag, make my trip or any other online travel portal

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
126 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

How is the weather in month of Feb..?? Snow fall expected in Srinagar and Gulmarg ?

New Delhi, India
5 posts
4. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

@Rajiv : as per my discussion they are saying there will be snow fall.

@Kashmir111 : can you give some no of good travel agents of srinagar?? it would be of great help.

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
126 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

I am getting married in February 2013 and planing for Honeymoon in J&K. I have planned my Itinerary and wanted some advise regarding same and i also have some question which i will putting after it.

Here is my Itinerary:-

Day 1. Broad Train from Howrah Station (Himgiri Express) @ 10:45 PM (Tuesday)

Day 2. On Train

Day 3. Reach Jammu Tawi Station @ 12:25 AM, Proceed to Katra, Check-In in hotel, Ready to visit Vaishnodevi @ 09:00 PM

Day 4. Darshan Vaishnodevi and Return to hotel by afternoon and stay overnight.

Day 5. Check-out from hotel, Visit Shiv Kehri, Proceed to Jammu, Check-In in Jammu hotel and stay overnight.

Day 6. Broad Bus to Srinagar @ 6 AM, Reach Srinagar by 5 PM, Check-In in hotel and stay overnight.

Day 7. Visit Sonmarg and return to hotel and stay overnight.

Day 8. Visit Pahalgam and return to hotel and stay overnight.

Day 9. Srinagar Sightseeing and return to hotel and stay overnight.

Day 10. Checkout from hotel, Proceed to Gulmarg, Check-In in hotel, Sightseeing, and stay overnight.

Day 11. In Gulmarg for second day, Sightseeing, and stay overnight.

Day 12. Checkout from hotel, Proceed to Srinagar, Check-In in hotel, Shopping and stay overnight

Day 13. Checkout from hotel, Proceed to Jammu, Reach Jammu by 6 PM, Board Himgiri Express @ 10:45 PM (Sunday)

Day 14. On Train

Day 15. Back to home town

-------------------------------

Questions

-------------------------------

1. How cold it is in the month of February ? (I am visiting in middle of FEB)

2. Is there is any road-blockage in Jammu->Srinagar->Sonmarg, Gulmarg and Pahalgam ?

3. I am planning to stay 2 Nights in Gulmarg, as i love cold weather and good snow. Is this a good idea?

4. How safe it is, as we are only 2 people traveling. I heard that Feb is lean month and very few tourist visit during this time ?

5. How you rate my Itinerary ?

6. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 15:34
7. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

8. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

9. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

Pune, Maharashtra...
1 post
10. Re: Kashmir tour in Feb 2013

I am also planing to travel kashmir on 20th feb 2013. I took quotation from Make my trip, they offered me 57,000 (excluding air fare) for 7 days 6 nits, similar to abhishek package. is this ok?

1) watz options for cheap flight booking?

2) some one please tel us climate condition in mid feb.

3) can we enjoy the cold?

4) Is dal lake frozen or water is available?

5) Are the road blocked?

6) Can we enjoy natural beauty, flowers, gardens or only snow is present all around?

Please reply

Thanks in advance to my friends