We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shrinagar trip on march or may

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Topic
shrinagar trip on march or may

we are about 16 persons where 5 children average from 8 to 12 yrs and an infant 18 mths

we want to visit gulmarg we have two options 1st on 23 march to 30 march and 2nd 2 may to 9 may,

will you please suggest me which of this is good for us and weather will support us as we have children with us.

will they see snow and which places are to be visited within this period and can i get any best deal or offers for group bookings in flights and hotels,

will you plan me my holiday at Srinagar.

which hotels are advisable for the stay with veg. food.

thanking you,

paresh chauhan

1. Re: shrinagar trip on march or may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 November 2012, 11:36
India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shrinagar trip on march or may

paresh chauhan

MAY would be definitely better to visit Kashmir than March. Because, generally, there is occasional rain in March and Gulmarg, upper reaches of Pahalgam will be totally under snow. The gardens will be barren. Sonmarg will be closed. Temp would be around 13-14°C max / 2-3°C min. Which might uncomfortable for an infant, particularly from a place where winter does not exist.

Although the hotel rates will be higher in May, but considering the other pros & cons, May is better.

Edited: 24 November 2012, 07:24
Jammu City, India
Destination Expert
for Kashmir, Srinagar
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shrinagar trip on march or may

March is best time to kashmir because you can get lot of snow and its tulip festival during march and less tourist time

during may there is peak season and the hotel rate are high and not get easily accommodation

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shrinagar trip on march or may

thank you for the reply but please do if possible set a guideline to vist places when and where for the 7 days trip as i am a fresher to this place.

5. Re: shrinagar trip on march or may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 23:17