We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kashmir

Muscat, Masqat, Oman
1 post
Save Topic
Kashmir

Is it advisable to travel to Kashmir in July & August?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,346 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kashmir

Yes, Kashmir can be visited in July-August. It won't be too rainy.

Edited: 04 July 2013, 08:25
Jammu City, India
Destination Expert
for Kashmir, Srinagar
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kashmir

its worth periods to visit kashmir in month of july and august

Delhi
Level Contributor
730 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kashmir

Hi Josephine786,

Definitely you can visit Kashmir at the time of July-August. You gonna have fun at this time. But please carry light woolen clothes.

4. Re: Kashmir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 21:14
5. Re: Kashmir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 21:14
Noida, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kashmir

Dear all,

I will be travelling to Kashmir on 28th of August. My tickets and hotels are already booked.

However everyday, I get people telling me the situation is dangerous in Kashmir these days and hence I should cancel my trip.

I am actually confused with this whole scenario now. My sincere request if someone could actually update me regarding the situation in Srinager right now and if it is actually safe to visit this valley in late August..

Looking forward for some replies.

Thanks,

Ria

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,346 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kashmir

As of today, Kashmir is peaceful and safe.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 09:15
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kashmir

Hi Ria. Alok here from gurgaon. We are also planning a trip in Aug end 2013. Just started evaluating hotels for the trip. Not doing a package because of the negative feedback and experiences. Considering making bookings on our own. But confused. Are you going thru a package or directly? More concerned as I have three aged persons in the group. Do let know if you have any feedback. Thanks

Edited: 28 July 2013, 18:33
Pune, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Kashmir

You can visit Kashmir in July and August it is great weather up hear no moon soon

Pune, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kashmir

Booking hotels is great idea ,it is not problium going with old people any way Kashmir is not busy now