We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kashmir in march 2014

Durgapur, West...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
kashmir in march 2014

How will be the weather in the mth.of march? Is snow available at that time? How will be the rush of tourists at that time?

Bangalore...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kashmir in march 2014

Yes , you will be able to witness snow in gulmarg , Pahalgam , Sonmarg but not in the city, If you are lucky you may witness a live snowfall as well. Climate in the month of March is cold, Its the time when kashmir is just out of Winter's but not completely out of it. Why don't you try for Jan or Feb. The rush in winters is relatively lower compared to summer. Let me know if you have any more queries.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,372 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kashmir in march 2014

In March, there will be plenty of snow in Gulmarg and around Pahalgam. Only a few tourists will be there. Weather - Occasional rains.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 15:52
Durgapur, West...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: kashmir in march 2014

Thanks for your reply. But my son's exam is on the mth. of early march. So I am planning for a trip after 15th march.I just want to know how much will be rush of tourists at that time.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,372 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kashmir in march 2014

Mid-March will not have rush.

Edited: 08 September 2013, 05:28
Shah Alam, Malaysia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kashmir in march 2014

when the spring season start in kashmir? is it in the end of march?

Edited: 11 September 2013, 13:56
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,372 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kashmir in march 2014

Spring season in Kashmir is from March to May. Though March is rainy.

Edited: 11 September 2013, 15:11
Shah Alam, Malaysia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: kashmir in march 2014

Me & my wife are planning to go to kashmir in march/april 2014. Is it easy & safe for us if we rent a car to go to Pahalgam, Sonamarg and Gulmarg? or it is better and safer hire a taxi rather than self drive?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,372 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kashmir in march 2014

shahrul860118

End of March or April is the best time to visit Kashmir. Self driven car is not available on hire. You need to hire cab for sightseeing and transfer.

Edited: 12 September 2013, 16:10
Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
103 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kashmir in march 2014

Hi

I planned to visit Kashmir this august but problem of getting visa did not allow me to go,now i have plan to go on march'14.Will it be too cold for 3yrs child? which fruits will b available in March?Is there any train from jammu to shrinagar or near shrinagar?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: kashmir in march 2014

Hi

I am planing to visit to kashmir in end of march 2014.(23 to 29 march)with my wife and daughter .Cover the Srinager(2),Gulmarg(1),Pahalgam(2) and sonamrg(1) and any other places pls. suggest..Pls suggest itiernary including hotels and car which coverd all the places.

March end weather?

Tulip garden Open or Close?

Where I get live snow fall?

Tourist rush?

Rain?