We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road condition from jammu to srinagar

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
road condition from jammu to srinagar

May i plz no d raod condition of jammu to srinagar is it plain or hilly if hilly how much approx i mean

Plz help thank u

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: road condition from jammu to srinagar

Condition of Jammu-Srinagar highway is good. Almost 80% of the highway is hilly terrain with amazing scenic beauty.

Edited: 16 December 2013, 10:45
Jammu City, India
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: road condition from jammu to srinagar

From Jammu to Ghazi kund 170 KM is hilly area rest all area from Jwahar Tunnel to Srinagar is plain

But you can enjoy a lot of scenic beauty on roads

Thanks

Parvesh

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: road condition from jammu to srinagar

Is it advisable to go jammu to srinagar via road in first half of december ? My tour operator said to book flight from jammu to srinagar as the highway can get blocked due to unwanted weather conditions.

Plz advice because i have also heard that the journey between jammu to srinagar/pahalgam is quite scenic.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 14:16
Pahalgam, India
Destination Expert
for Jammu and Kashmir
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: road condition from jammu to srinagar

Dear Sir,

December First week is fine to travel from Jammu-Srinagar unless the weather goes Bad, So go ahead with your plan. The scenic Beauty is awesome en route no doubt.

Regards

Sunny

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: road condition from jammu to srinagar

Hello Experts,

Could you please advise if it will be fine to go by road on December 8 from Katra to Pahalgam. I have limited days and can't afford to get stuck enroute because of highway blockage because of weather condition. How likely is it to get clear roads. If the possibility is low then I shall book my Air tickets right away.

Thanks much in advance !

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: road condition from jammu to srinagar

Generally, Jammu - Srinagar highway does not get block in early December for snow. Though accurate prediction on snowfall is not possible.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 16:04
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: road condition from jammu to srinagar

Thanks for your prompt response ! I have been to Srinagar/Pahalgam couple of times in past by road because of the picturesque beauty enroute. Since all my travel will be by Air, I wanted this route to be covered by road but getting stuck isn't the option available. What would you do if you were in my position. Getting the Air ticket booked or giving this an adventurous try ;) ?

8. Re: road condition from jammu to srinagar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:18