We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Srinagar for 2 days

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Srinagar for 2 days

Hi AshisRoy,

I am travelling to Srinagar this weekend and have only one day for sight seeing. I had been to Kashmir in May 2010 and have seen Gulmarg and Pahalgam.

This time i just want to see the snow. Where would you suggest i can go for a day sightseeing for snow and scenic beauty?

- Gulmarg

- Pahalgam

Or Sonmarg

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Srinagar for 2 days

bhavnam4

Srinagar, Gulmarg and Pahalgam have plenty of snow now. There is no green anywhere of the valley. As far as sightseeing is concern, at present there is nothing except snow.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 08:34
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Srinagar for 2 days

Yep.. Im aware.. But if i have to choose the snow scenes (for good photography) snow + blue skies (if i get some sun) between these 3 - what would it be?

Gulmarg, India
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Srinagar for 2 days

Gulmarg is the best the best option

Pahalgam, India
Destination Expert
for Jammu and Kashmir
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Srinagar for 2 days

Dear,

For Photography in Snow , Gulmarg and Pahalgam both are good provided you get a good clear sky and the forecast this weekend is that it might snow again in Kashmir.

Regards

Sunny

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Srinagar for 2 days

Yep Sunny.. I am tracking it very closely.. I am hoping and praying it does not rain .. snow is fine - our first experience..

But how accurate are these predictions ;)

Pahalgam, India
Destination Expert
for Jammu and Kashmir
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Srinagar for 2 days

Dear Bhavam ji,

Off late the Forecasts are very accurate, so keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Regards

Sunny

7. Re: Srinagar for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:19