We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4N 5D Kashmir Trip, advice solicited

Gurgaon, Haryana...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
4N 5D Kashmir Trip, advice solicited

Hi

We (Me and wife) are planning to visit Kashmir in 1st week of Sept. Arrival 2nd Sept 8 am and departure 6th Sept 6 pm. So we have 4N and 5D stay to plan. Please suggest a suitable travel plan for us to make our stay a memorable one. We would like to cover Phalagam, Sonmarg, Gulmarg and Srinagar. Please suggest if we have missed anything. Also, please suggest hotel names within range of 2500-3500 per night. And if staying in a house boat will be ok?

Thanks in advance.

mumbai
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4N 5D Kashmir Trip, advice solicited

@ Raj M,

Hi,

I am not a travel expert, but I suggest the following :

Day 1 : Srinagar local sightseeing Mughal Gardens, Shankaracharya Temple & Hazaratbal & Shikara Ride in the evening.

Day 2 : Day trip to Gulmarg (Book Gondola tickets online to avoid hassles)

Day 3 : Day trip to Sonamarg (enroute you can even visit Kheer Bhawani Temple)

Day 4 : Proceed to Pahalgam & Visit Aru Valley, Betaab Wadi & Chandan Wari (O/N Pahalgam)

Day 5 : Visit Baisaran on Pony & @ around 11.30-12.00 start for Srinagar (90 Kms. Appx 3-3.3 hrs)

If you don't want to stay at Pahalgam, you can do it as a day trip too,( to visit more places, you need to start early). In that case

Day 5 : Early morning Shikara Ride on Dal lake & shopping. Afternoon Check-out.

As regards to Hotel / Houseboat stay, I suggest staying all the nights in srinagar at one place to avoid packing / unpacking & check-in / check-out hassles. My suggestion would be a Houseboat on Dal lake as it is more vibrant & also offers good options for meals / transportation / shopping etc., on Boulevard Road.

Also September being a non peak season, you can just check, bargain & book your accommodation on the spot...

Regards,

Umesh

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4N 5D Kashmir Trip, advice solicited

Hi, I am planning for a trip to Srinagar in October(4N / 5D) and I have decided following trip. I have excluded Sonmarg as it was getting very hectic.

1st day : Local sightseeing of Srinagar. Visit Mughal garden of Nishat ( Garden of Pleasure) overlooking the crystal clear Emerald green water of the Dal lake then to Shalimar (Garden of Love) Cheshma Shahi,built by Mughal Emperors During Spring unit autumn these garden are full of flowers. Also, include Shankracharya temple. Back to Srinagar. Dinner and stay at Houseboat.

2nd day: After breakfast depart for Gulmarg ( Meadow of Flower) at a height of 8800ft above sea level. Gondola ride high above the meadow and snow covered slopes of Apherwat and Khilanmarg Mountain, on arrival check in Hotel. Dinner and night stay in Hotel at gulmarg

3rd day : After breakfast drive to Pahalgam the valley of Shepherds . enjoyable excursion to Pahalgam , Enroute stop at Saffron fields, Afternoon enjoy the trip on ponys to huge undulating meadow of baisaran, surrounded by thick wooded forests of pine and cedars. Visit nearby Deer Park and shopping in local market, Dinner and night stay in Hotel

4th day : After breakfast, local Sightseeing in pahalgam. Aru Valley, Betaab Valley, Chandanwari own your own etc. (whichever can be covered) Dinner and night stay in Hotel MOUNT View.

5th day : On time transfer to airport for onward connection

Stay : 1 night in house boat in Srinagar, 1 night in Gulmarg hotel, 2 nights in pahalgam in hotel.

Keep at least 1.5 or 2 days for Pahalgam as there are lots of places to visit. Avoid too much travelling.

Chicago Houseboat in Srinagar is one of the best. You can opt for that.

3. Re: 4N 5D Kashmir Trip, advice solicited

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16