We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

Which Srinagar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
1 post
Save Topic
Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

I am planning kashmir trip in May 12 for our first honeymoon. I am not aware with the current situation (political/terrorism) in Srinagar. Is it safe to plan for this destination for honeymoon?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

Sumachi

As of now, Kashmir is peaceful. As a matter of fact, Kashmir had record number of tourists in 2011 compare to last ten years. So, make up your mind, after all the Paradise is uncomparable.

AshisRoy

Edited: 06 February 2012, 06:55
Pahalgam, India
Destination Expert
for Jammu and Kashmir
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

Dear,

Kashmir is as normal as any other city in India nowadays so go ahead and plan your trip.

Regards

Sunny

Jammu City, India
Destination Expert
for Kashmir, Srinagar
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

Kashmir region is normal now thousand of traveller visiting kashmir valley

and its safest destination in Jammu and kashmir

Brussels-Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

The situation in Kashmir is very peacefull since last year, I was there in august 2011 and this year in January. Very beautifull place for a honeymoon.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

ofcourse Kashmir's safe, but even when it has sporadic Temporary problems, it's still one of the world's safest holiday destinations, as its crime / petty crime nos are among the world's lowest, so...don't let any paranoia spoil your chances of experiencing this most b'ful paradise on earth

6. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 February 2012, 03:05
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

In spite of repeated adverse comment, Kashmir had record number of tourists last year.

Edited: 13 February 2012, 17:16
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

Yes Kashmir is a safe destination for honeymoon. Srinagar, Gulmarg and Sonamarg are very safe for tourists. If you are planning to include Pahgalgam in your trip I would advise you against this place. As Pahgalgam to has been targeted in the past. Pahalgam could be avoided, if the concern is too much.

Pahalgam, India
Destination Expert
for Jammu and Kashmir
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

@ Harsh j,

I dont agree with you Pahalgam is also safe as any other place, infact Tourists enjoy more in Pahalgam than Gulmarg/Sonamarg.

Regards

Sunny

Bhopal, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Srinagar-Sonmarg-Gulmarg safe for honeymoon trip...

I visited there with family from 3.2. to 12.2. and found it very peaceful.There is nothing to worry at all.go ahead with your plan.