We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses from srinagar to jammu

Which Srinagar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Navi Mumbai, India
6 posts
Save Topic
buses from srinagar to jammu

Where in Srinagar can i find buses to Jammu? I'll be there 1st week of July. What are the rates and how much time does it take? is online booking available?

287 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

You'll get Jammu bound buses from Srinagar bus terminus. On line booking for bus ticket is not possible. You can buy it in advance from the counter, There are J&K SRTC buses of hi-tech Rs.220, Super deluxe Rs.180, A-class Rs.130, B-class Rs.120. Which takes about 11 hrs from Jammu to Srinagar. Taxis are there @ Rs.3000 for Tata Sumo and Rs.4000 for car. Shared taxi Rs.460 (car) & Rs.350 (Sumo) takes 9 hrs.

AshisRoy

Edited: 23 May 2012, 16:10
Navi Mumbai, India
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

Many thanx, Sir!

Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

Ashis - you seem to be knowing the in n out of Kashmir - I just returned wish I had taken tips from you before I went.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

Medi2110

Hope, you had a nice trip without taking any tips :)

AshisRoy

Edited: 29 May 2012, 09:26
Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

Well trip was good as we were in a group but ths guys cheat u a lot

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

In this season, these things are happening in Kashmir. Travellers are being mis-leaded, travel agents sending guests to the hotels without getting confirmation from the hotel. Tourists are waiting at the Srinagar airport for the vehicle, but the agents could not send the car because lack of coordination, a total pandemonium is going on there in this summer. Which is very unfortunate for the tourists as well as for the travel related entrepreneurs in Kashmir.

I repeatedly warned travellers not to buy holiday package from unknown travel agents. Don't get convinced with their flamboyant web page and attaractive rates. Search extensively for their track record and credentials. Which is most important.

However, Trip Advisor forum is serving travellers with all necessary information, please follow those and have a hassle-free holiday.

AshisRoy

Dhaka
Level Contributor
56 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

Can anyone give me idea about Jammu- Srinagar hitech/ superdeluxe bus timings? Or any website mentioning the timings would be helpful.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

shahryar2002u...

You'll get 19 seater super luxury coach from Jammu. Which starts at 6 am, you can book your seat 1 day in advance. For further information Dial 01912470062.

AshisRoy

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
8 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

I want to do family trip Sept first week for 4 days 5 nights. want to cover Sonmarg, Gulmarg, Pahelgam and local city. Can it be covered in that period? For advance booking for lodge and site seeing whom to contact?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: buses from srinagar to jammu

Namjoshi

The mentioned places can be seen in September. If you mention your hotel budget, names can be suggested. Book those either thru web or over phone. Sightseeing and transfer to be done by car, which are readily available.

AshisRoy

Edited: 04 July 2012, 09:25
Reply to: buses from srinagar to jammu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted