We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Kashmir

Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Kashmir

My husband and I are travelling with 6year old twins from Bombay and would like to visit Vaishno devi and Kashmir. Please can someone suggest an Iternarary for the days we are there? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Kashmir

We will be there 1st week of August for 10 days.

Pune
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Would you fly Jammu to Srinagar or prefer to travel by road?

Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Flights please. Thank you

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Mr Romeet Kaul id the best person to Guide in regards to your question

Kaul Sahib please help

Edited: 02 June 2013, 07:16
Pune
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Thanks Kashmir1948!

Yogi

Delighted to note you've earmarked 10 days for your visit to Kashmir. Suggested itinerary assuming you would be reaching Jammu Day 1 in the morning and leaving Srinagar Day 10 in the evening. If that not be the case you may have to suitably modify your schedule.

Day 1 - Reach Jammu in the morning and proceed to Katra the base camp for Vaishno Devi. Take the tickets; it has a duration validity in terms of hours - please note it and plan your journey ahead toward the shrine.

Day 2 - Reach Katra in the morning and start for Jammu. Take a afternoon flight to Srinagar. Visit the majestic Dal Lake and enjoy a shikara ride. Stay overnight at Srinagar.

Day 3 - Begin your day with a visit to the Shankaracharya temple, an ancient Shiva temple located on Gopadari Hill. Visit the delightful Mughal gardens in Srinagar and its vicinity including Chashma Shahi (the royal fountains), Pari Mahal (the palace of fairies), Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, Harwan garden and Tulip Garden. Stay overnight in Srinagar

Day 4/5/6 - Head for Pahalgam, the ‘Valley of Shepherds’. The breathtaking beauty of Pahalgam with its streams, valleys and woods will make you feel like you are in paradise. Connect with nature in the lap of the mountains. 2 night stay at Pahagam

Day 7 - Proceed to Gulmarg. Check out the major attractions in Gulmarg, including horse riding, Gondola cable car ride, which takes you from a height of about 8,825 feet to 13,780 feet amid verdant, steep hills, followed by skiing (winter sport). Overnight in Gulmarg

Day 8 - Reach Srinagar in the afternoon. Personal shopping time

Day 9 - Visit to ‘Meadow of Gold’ Sonamarg. Soak in the sights and sounds of Kashmiri village life on your drive there. You can hire a pony to reach the great heights of Thajiwas glacier, a major summer attraction 3 km from Sonamarg. Return in the evening and overnight stay at Srinagar.

Day 10 - Visit the famous Dachigam National Park in the morning after breakfast. The sanctuary, which is 22 km from Srinagar, covers an area of 141 sq km. The park has been a protected area since 1910 and is famous for its coniferous forests and for ‘hangul’ or Kashmiri stag. Leave Srinagar in the afternoon.

Reach out for further information / details.

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Dear Yogi

very good & balanced itinery by Romeet,few suggestions

Off season,try discounts

Staying in houseboat a unique experiance

D4 onway to Pahalgam see Avantipura Ruins,Martand temple& Verinag origin place of Jhelum river

D6 while coming back from Pahalgam to Srinagar,see Achabal,Kokernag,Daksum

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,422 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Yogi S

Suggestive itinerary -

Day1 : Arr. Jammu, transfer to Katra. Check-in freshn-up, start for Darshan (if you are going by helicopter, start next morning).

Day2 : Back to Katra after darshan and fly from Jammu to Srinagar, transfer to Pahalgam.

Day3 : Pahalgam – Aru and Betaab Valley.

Day4 : Pahalgam to Srinagar. Check-in houseboat, shikara ride on Dal Lake and shopping.

Day5 : Srinagar, transfer houseboat to hotel – sight seeing - Mughal Gardens, Hazratbal, Sankaracharya Temple

Day6 : Day trip to Sonmarg.

Day7 : After breakfast transfer to Gulmarg, check-in hotel. Afternoon - roam around green meadow.

Day8 : After breakfast - Gondola ride to Affarwat and snow activities. Afternoon - free at leisure.

Day9 : Transfer to Srinagar Airport

Edited: 02 June 2013, 17:09
Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Hi,

I had a self organised vacation covering J & K.You may read my report for any guidelines.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297619-i8568-k6467…

Rgds

Deepak

Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Thank you so much for such a detailed itinerary! We would like to stay in a house boat as well. So should we proceed to the houseboat the day we land in Srinagar? Also any recommendations for a good houseboat? Thanks once again.

Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to Kashmir

Also thank you Mr. Agarwal and Mr Roy for your suggesions and Deepak, i will definately go through your blog before i confirm my bookings. I am confident between the feedback i have recieved here, our trip should be a great one! I am just hoping my children get to see some snow - i know its very unlikely though :).