We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

Which Srinagar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UAE
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

Am planning a 1 week trip to these locations with the following suggested itenary by the tour operator: can you pls suggest if this is good one considering i have two senior citizens traveling with me and one 6 yr child. My purpose is not to make to too hectic and enjoy more of scenic beauty. Traveling during mid of july...any suggestions pls...thx in advance

Day 01 : SRinagar {3N}ARrival AT SXR. Overnight Stay AT SXR Hotel

02 : Srinagar – Sonmarg– Srinagar {2HRS}

03 : Srinagar Enjoy shikara ride AT Dal Lake, SHANKARACHARYA temple Nishat baug, shalimar baug

04 : Srinagar Pahalgam {3HRS} {2N} ON Arrival n overnight stay at pahalgam

05 : Pahalgam, chandanwadi, horse riding and night stay in pahalgam.

06 : Pahalgam to Gulmarg , {2N} {5HRS} over night stay in gulmarg hotel.

07 : In gulmarg, enjoy gandola ride, cable car ride, horse ride, photography. over night stay in gulmarg

day 08 : leave gulmarg for srinagar and stay in house boat

09 : Leave from srinagar house boat to airport.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

Hi..perfect itinerary no need to modify..book a minivam(toyota innova) for comfortable journey.

You can also do gulmarg first and then pehalgam..but makes no difference so better follow your itinerary.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

Hi,

Good relaxed itinerary.You can enjoy your travel leisurely.

Rgds

Deepak

Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

Helo all,

I have finalised my trip to Srinagar. I am going there on 15 Jun.

I just need few tips. Hope you will help

IN GULMARG:

One of my friend said Gondola ride is not working mostly there, also it is not well maintained. IS it true?

IN PAhalgam

I want to see Overa ARU wildlife Sanctuary. What is the easiest way to get there

Can we enjoy snow there at this time of season?

How much time we need to explore it.

Regarding Houseboat

I dont want to book houseboat in advance, since few of my friends had bad experience with advance booking, so are the small house boats easily available there?

I dont want to spend much, so what is the average tariff for a budget houseboat?

Looking forward to your valuable guidance

Thanks and Regards

Myra

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

Hi myra..

Gulmarg gondola is safe..made by french company and operates on usha martien wire ropes..which is best..so no issue..

Can visit aru valley along with all sightseeing..no snow at this time..

If you want to stay in house boats, the pre-book it because june is peak season so you can't book on spot..rate are bit high above 3000..

Can also book hotel near dal lake..better option.

UAE
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

Thanks Lal Bahadur and Deepak for taking time out to reply.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

Hi Myra,

Please donot miss the gondola rides in Gulmarg.Thats the main attraction in Gulmarg.Book online for both phases.It is absolutely safe & regular periodic maintenance are carried out on a routine basis.

The Overa-Aru Biosphere Reserve is located 12 kms from Pahalgam. It is a Wildlife sanctuary, and is famous for several rare and endangered species.You require a day to leisurely cover this.

You can plan atleast a day in houseboat either in Dal lake or Nigeen lake.There are a variety of options,ranging from budget to delux houseboats.The rates vary,generally around Rs.2500.00 per day on MAP basis.

Rgds

Deepak

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

I just read somewhere that if you have proof of night stay in Pahalgam, then you can use your Srinagar taxi also for local Pahalgam sightseeing (Chandanwari/ Betaab/ Aru), else you will have to take from local taxi stand. Any thoughts on this?

UAE
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

For a visit during the month of July, is it really required to have an A/C vehicle for travelling? Can anybody please share their of climate and sight-seeing during this time in Srinagar, Gulmarg and Pahalgam

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,822 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

July is the hottest month. Day temp in Srinagar/Gulmarg reaches 30-31°C.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 10:54
UAE
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visit to Srinagar, gulmarg n Pahalgam

I have contacted 3 holiday agents for the trip. Two of them offer Innova vehicle which will cover all sight seeing in srinagar, gulmarg and pahalgam. But one of the agent mentions that sight seeing and transfer to gulmarg and pahalgam can be covered by one vehicle. But for individual sight seeing in gulmarg and pahalgam, we have to arrange for own local transport as outside transports are not allowed. I remember having read a post earlier in TA about a similar experience. Is it actually true that tourist vehicles in srinagar are not allowed for sight seeing in Gulmarg and Pahalgam? If yes, how come the other two travel agents are not mentioning that to me. I would not like the get stuck with issues on travel after booking thru these agents (ie. if its true).