We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

Which Srinagar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Topic
kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

I'm kashmiri lived my earlier life in kashmir, when I came out of there realised world has a lot better to offer then kashmir. Guys i may sound cynical but its truth dont waste money and time in kashmir.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

Those who live in nature like cities and those of ciites like nature, its irony of life. I got your point but you should know once you had enough of dubai and city life you will feel like us and love kashmir once again.

2. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 16:37
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

Indiatourismexpert,

It is very unfair on your part to make such comments. Please do not judge anybody on the basis of his job. Dish washing for earning livelihood is an honest way to live with dignity and nothing is wrong. He is not a thief or cheater or earning money in a dishonest way. There are thousands of students with engineering degree who pursue their masters abroad do it daily to support their budget income. Please stop being mean and narrow minded.

The point made by the OP is well taken. I have been to Kashmir in April 14 and I also realised that the Kashmiris have cocooned themselves and they are not aware of what the outside world is like.

When a Kashmiri goes out of Kashmir, sees the world with open eyes and returns, he perceives the difference in the situation of Kashmir valley and the outside world where he has worked and lived.

I have observed that common people do not know what is professionalism and commitment. Honourable way of earning more is not cheating but offering the best service to the tourists. At places like Gulmarg and Sonmarg tourists are so harassed that they swear that they will never return to these places. In Kashmir you always feel that you are being taken for a ride.

I do not wish to talk about the politics there but that has sever impact on their lives. I found overall a total absence of motivation. Everybody wants govt job and they just do other odd jobs as if they are forced to do it. Very sad situation.

This is what the OP might have to say.

Hope you understand Tourismexpert.

Sanjiv

Edited: 31 July 2014, 14:04
New Delhi
Level Contributor
176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

Sanjiv, i couldnt' agree with you more.

IndiaToursismExpert assumption is the biggest mistake of your life and it seems like you assume things on regular basis.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
712 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

Mr Sanjiv,

coming bak to your observations. If people are so demotivated and harass you for their own living, that would impact my experience of Kashmir.

Would it still be worth it to visit Kashmir? Cos local people are a large part of experiencing a country. If they are not too nice. It wont be too nice.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

Well said Mr sanjivmulye. I think Tourismexpert got out point.

@sinayas: I have never been to Kashmir only traveled through Jammu long-long back and always thinking of going there. Mr Sanjiv's post made me think, "Is it really that bad?" But I guess he may be right. All these people are living their life in a war like situation. We can't even think about the daily problems they face. They might be so fed up of their lives that their frustration has started showing up in tourism industry as well.

God helps the Heaven on Earth - Kashmir.

Happyness.

Dubai, United Arab...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

Its old saying in kashmiri "someone's vomit is other's cure" maybe for me its vomit and for you its cure.

come back to why I posted this, After travelling last 10 years nationally and internationally. I found tour operators of kashmir live in fools paradise, they doesnt know how other tourist place are grown over the years. just few places like dal lake, houseboats, phelgam, gulmarg etc not sufficent to retain the tourist at that cost. Even all the places are dirty and substandard compared to other of same kind.

Now if u coming for quality time in kashmir by these tour operators i reckon u will be cheated by them. still you u want to come to kashmir i suggest plan ur own tour and live with some local kashmir family maybe they will show u real kashmiri essence and kashmiriyat.

Peace to All.

Dubai, United Arab...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

Honest days work is honest days pay, i do things by honesty so doesnt matter is wash dishes or not.

Dubai, United Arab...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

@sanjivmulye Totally Agree

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
46 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kashmir Sucks !! same price bangkok

My two penny regarding the debate -

If we talk about sub standard amenities for the tourists and taking them for a ride, which Indian tourist destination is devoid of that? ......... If someone can answer honestly, I'd be happy to be enlightened.

Be it the Untwallas of deserts (Sam & Khuri) of Jaisalmer or pandas of Jagannath temple in Puri or Hoteliers in Uttarakhand or Taxi drivers in Darjeeling or Autowallas in Agra, everybody is just sharpening their knives to kill tourists for some quick bucks. And, last to last year I went to God's own country and returned with the idea that Devil's own country will be paradise compared to it. The restaurants, hotels - everywhere people are ready to lick your feet if colour of your skin is fair and won't look at you (even after you pay hugely) if you are tanned skin .....

SO, WHY TO SINGLE OUT KASHMIR?

Lastly, with due regards and respect to everyone, I seriously could not understand the comparison between Kashmir & Bangkok ....... to me, it wasn't even a comparison between orange and apple, it was a comparison between an orange and a giraffe