We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

hi

planning trip to ladakh for about 4 to 5 weeks in june 2014. we have been to india a number of times but not ladakh.

questions

1 I want to do about a 2 to 3 week trek my wife wants to do shorter treks. what do you think is best? we are looking to do independent trekking staying at homestays along the way.

2 is touring around nearby leh by motorbike possible? is it a good idea? what is the charge per day?

3 white water rafting in grade 1 to 3? any advice?

thanks. it is awhile before we go but this will be part of a longer trip for myself so I wanted to start to planning now.

1. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 14:44
Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

Dear rockterrigal,

1 I want to do about a 2 to 3 week trek my wife wants to do shorter treks. what do you think is best? we are looking to do independent trekking staying at homestays along the way.

....There are tons of websites for trek in ladakh please go thru...

2 is touring around nearby leh by motorbike possible? is it a good idea? what is the charge per day?

......obviously and highly recommended...You can tour by bike in nubra valley until turtuk, pangong lake, tso kar and tso moriri and to to kargil in th west...there are lot many monasteries and natural sceneries to watch for..special permits will be required from leh district magistrate office....and getting ikes for rent in leh will not be a problem...rent for bikes depend on the inflow of tourist...

3 white water rafting in grade 1 to 3? any advice?

---sry bro....no idea but i reckon it is done in zanskar river..

regards

virendra.

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

Hi

Best river rafting is in Zanskar river from Chilling to Nimmu,costs approx Rs1500/= per head,

includes Leh hotel pick up ,drive to Chilling, rafting dress,rafting,lunch & than drop to Leh hotel by 3pm

Vapi, India
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

We will be reaching leh in the last week of May 2014 up to June 7th. Will there be snowy roads when traveling withing ladakh to different locations like pangong, hunder/nubra, tso moriri or tso kar?

Thank you,

Pooja

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

Hi Pooja

You will find snow on passes while going to mentioned placed

No snowy roads

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

Hi Pooja

You will find snow on passes while going to mentioned placed

No snowy roads

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

Snow is very rare down in the Ladakhi heartland , even in mid-winter. last time I left the week before Christmas , saw snowfall two days , never a problem for driving. Khardung La is normally open.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 13:42
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

hi pooja, we will also reach leh by may end. probably 28-5-14

you will find snow on the mountains and by the side of road on passes. not on the road.

Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014

you will find snow on the mountains and by the side of road on passes. not on the road.

Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ladakh advice 5 weeks june 2014