We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fully independent solo trekking

Brussels
Level Contributor
8 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
fully independent solo trekking

Dear seasoned travelers

I'm planning a solo trekking trip for About 9 days in ladakh, wanna start from Leh.

I've been reading up on the subject, seems like most people did this with an agent. Any one ever did it all solo? (Bring own tent etc ) and get food and water along the path (villages ) ?

Maximum freedom is my objective here.

Thanks for any advise, much appreciated

Stephen

Leh, India
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fully independent solo trekking

Hello,

This is Manzoor(Travel Agent)Leh Ladakh

Hundreds of people do self trekking but depends which trek you are doing?It is fully possible to do self trekking in Leh Ladakh

Regard Manzoor

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: fully independent solo trekking

I love your idea! I'm about to do it too. Solo trekking is the best.

I'm wondering if November is a good time to go. Looking for relative good conditions but hardly meeting a soul on the path. Same like you.

Enjoy!!

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fully independent solo trekking

Late October and onwards , higher than Leh , is when it starts to get uncomfortable trekking :

http://korta.nu/cold

4. Re: fully independent solo trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 06:16