We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tripto ladakh

Which Leh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
tripto ladakh

I planning eight day visit to ladakh starting from Leh in middle of august. I am not too much into hikeing stuf, I am open for suggestion how to plan daily activity for a wk or is that too much time for that place also some good hotels to stay

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tripto ladakh

You need atleast 2 days of complete rest so that you body gets acclimatised to the high altitude. Another 2days to visit various Monastries there. Try to go for a small trekking.There are many hotel and guest houses in Leh .The guest houses are cheap too. Since Aug is the peak season, try to book in advance.

If you have health problem , consult your doctor before you undertake the journey to Ladakh.

If you are going , takes many photo rolls( in Leh film rolls are not only expensive but also old) or digi camera as you will have feast to your eyes.

Pahalgam, India
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: tripto ladakh

Travelling in August you definately would need to book in advance as it is very busy at that time. A good website to assist you in planning your trip is ... http://www.reachladakh.com/

Have a good trip.

ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tripto ladakh

Any advice on how cold the weather gets at night in Aug?

How can you book road transport in advance ?

Thanks!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tripto ladakh

My sons were there last week, and said that cab rentals were quite high. They rented a motorbike and went up to Khardungla Pass, the highest motorable road in the world. They didnt do the lake, though. The weather was very good, though they both got a bit sunburnt.

5. Re: tripto ladakh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 04:16