We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days in Ladakh in May

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
212 posts
1 review
Save Topic
12 days in Ladakh in May

I am flying into ladakh may 3rd to may 14th. I was planning on acclimatizing the 3rd and 4th and trekking down towards stok kangri just to get in the valley and checking out leh. The 5th to 12th i wanted to travel to Merak in Pangong Region to climb Pangong Range and view Pangong Tso. Is there a more practical/beautiful range to do some high altitude climbing and trekking without guides or ropes. The Karakorem Range is ideal but i hear it is very tough to get permits to trek from india.

Thanks for any help,

Sha

Mentioned in this post
Pangong Tso
Pangong Tso
2,685 Reviews
Leh, India
Hall of Fame
Speciality Museums
Thiksey Monastery
Sacred & Religious Sites
Deskit Monastery
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
1. Re: 12 days in Ladakh in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 06:18