We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Leh

Which Leh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Topic
Best time to visit Leh

Hi, I am planning a tour to Leh in April. Can anyone advise if it is good time to visit ?

Budget- 35-45k per couple

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit Leh

Hi Aksmeharo

April is lean time for Leh, low temperatures

Season time is June to August

September is best time

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
353 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit Leh

What's your definition of best time. For me it is when the place I am traveling to has the least number of tourists. In that sense the best time to visit is from October till June.

But for the good time, that is favorable weather, open roads and a lot of tourist the season is from June till September.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit Leh

You would need 9 to 10 days: Delhi to Leh - go around Ladakh - Leh to Delhi

We (me & my wife) are considering visiting Leh, and surrounding scenic places, lakes, and monasteries from 09 Sept. 2014 thru 18 Sept. 2014, starting from Delhi by Air.

Currently, our proposed itinerary starts from picking us from Leh airport and dropping us to Leh airport, including hotel stays, camping (Nubra Valley & Pangong Lake area), Vegetarian B'fast & Meals (No eggs, no fish, no meats), Jeep or Car transportation, and Innerline Permits etc.

Places of interests: Leh & its touristic places, Alchi & Sham Valley, Nubra Valley, Khardung La Pass, Pangong Lake and Tso Moriri Lake.

Hope, this helps you plan your trip.

SSonde

4. Re: Best time to visit Leh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 14:12
Kolkata
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to visit Leh

Planning a family visit to Leh in mid-July. We will go to Leh from Srinagar by road & intend to come back by road from Leh to Manali. Please advise road condition both ways and safety Plus a good itinerary keeping in mind to avoid day-loss.

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to visit Leh

Hi Ashok

Mid july is a very good time for leh by road

This year in July a KAAL Chakra festival is being held in Leh , heavy rush,so orebookings will be required

by road Srinagar-Leh-Manali 8 to 10 days are required

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to visit Leh

I am planning a trip from 27th Sept 2014 to 4th Oct 2014. Can someone please advise if this is a good time to visit?

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to visit Leh

Hi

Off season,still lot of tourists go there

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to visit Leh

Thanks. Will it be too cold? Will any of the spots be closed?

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to visit Leh

Hi

you will just need jacket only if it rains

Day temperatures are high. No tourist spot is closed normally