We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

Albany
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

Hi All,

My husband and I are visiting Leh in early June. We plan to take train from Delhi to Chandigarh then car from Chandigarh to Manali and Leh.

Please suggest improvements to itinerary below:

Day 1: train Delhi to Chandigarh

Day 2: car Chandigarh to Manali

Day 3: Manali to Sarchu

Day 4: Sarchu to Leh

Can you please recommend several cab operators from Chandigarh to Leh? If it is against policy to share names in forums, please private message me. Thank you!

-Cindy

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

Hi Cindy

So far Manali Leh road has not opened to traffic

If you want road travel than better would be flight to Srinagar. Than road travel fron Srinagar to Leh.

This route is much better for Acclimitization & lot of sight seeing onway

Leh, India
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

Hello,

This is Manzoor(Travel Agent)Leh Ladakh.You should go with Mr,Anil's plan.This way will help you to get better acclimatize and can explore much.Leh Manali road will hopefully open in 1st week of June.

Regards Manzoor

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

Manali-Leh road : open beyond Keylong now , Border Roads pushing towards the Baralacha La. The most important point on this road is NOT sleeping first night at The Vomit Hilton\Sarchu . More pointers at http://korta.nu/sleepless

Albany
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

Dear Anil, Manzoor, and vistet Umea, thank you ever so much for your wonderful suggestions.

I will follow your suggestion to go to Srinagar. If we book a private car is it better to do that only once we get to srinagar, or should we do it beforehand? Are there specific companies in Srinagar that can arrange for road trip to leh?

Thanks,

Cindy

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

Hi ...

I suggest to take overnight bus Chandigarh to Manali, onward Manali you will get the Jeep (Sharing Basis) as Innova Car, Xylo, Scropio, Qualis etc. You can contact one of my friends.. Chape Ram 9873910148.

Manali, India
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

Hi,

The Manali - Leh is in opening operation. It is open till Darcha as of now. Baralachala to sarchu will open soon. It will be open by June 1st week. By the time you plan your visit it should have opened. The manali cab union number is : 9816521005 / 9418341005 . They provide cab services from chandigarh to Leh and beyond.

7. Re: Private Cab from Chandigarh to Leh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:15