We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nubra valley and Pangong - transportation prices

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nubra valley and Pangong - transportation prices

Hi, folks.

I'm going to Leh in August.

Does anyone know the prices of transportation to Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake and Likir?

Is the list seen in this link ( http://leh.nic.in/pages/Taxi-list.pdf ) for real?

Besides travelling by taxi, are there other options available?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
Leh District, India
Likir
Likir
Leh District, India
Hall of Fame
Speciality Museums
Thiksey Monastery
Sacred & Religious Sites
Deskit Monastery
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nubra valley and Pangong - transportation prices

The taxi prices are for real - but the price is for a whole cab. Shared cabs start from near the polo ground early in the morning , for a fraction of that price. State HRTC buses run every second day , at even lower rates.

Likir : HRTC bus in the morning , easy to get a ride back in to Leh after you have walked down to the main road : shared cab or bus. I rarely check bus schedules for the return leg to Leh in the Ladakhi heartland around the Indus or along the Manlali-Leh road : I walk down to the road and see who will pick me up first.

Pangong Tso is the rare exception where bus is not practical . You will find loads of agents along Changspa lane that organise tours.

Sleep two nights at Leh's altitude if you have flown in before going over the Khardung La , and three nights before sleeping at 4000+ ( i.e. Pangong Tso and Tso Moriri ) . Always plan your highest nights at the end : few will stay long enough in Ladakh to reach full acclimatization.

Mentioned in this post
Likir
Likir
Leh District, India
Pangong Tso
Pangong Tso
2,682 Reviews
Leh, India
Ladakh
Ladakh
Jammu and Kashmir, India
Leh, India
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nubra valley and Pangong - transportation prices

Hii,

Thiis Manzoor(Travel Agent)Leh Ladakh

Transportation cost for Nubra Valley in 2 days is 9606 and 9365 for Pangong lake in 2 days and 2230 for Lekir return same day.There are local busses and share taxi to the above places as well

Mentioned in this post
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
Leh District, India
3. Re: Nubra valley and Pangong - transportation prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:17