We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Companion for Ladakh from 18th Sep till 26th Sep

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Companion for Ladakh from 18th Sep till 26th Sep

It all started in a fine afternoon just a week back. When I was re-reading a cycling travelogue in the Leh Manali highway by the master adc

[url=http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/133940-extreme-expedition-bicycling-manali-tsokar-leh-khardungla-stok-kangri-summit-trek.html]Extreme Expedition - Bicycling Manali-TsoKar-Leh-Khardungla & Stok Kangri summit trek - Team-BHP[/url]

The reason why I sometime avoid reading these travelogue, it does mess up everything in my mind and the travel bug restart biting. Not more than half an hour after completion of Cycling to Khardungla in off-season in the log , I started dreaming about Ladakh. Discussed the same with colleagues. Initially they all got ready , and agreed to travel to Ladakh during September- but by evening , things got messed up , and all of them denied for a trip to Ladakh for some reasons or other.

Got frustrated, clueless and decided I will land up to Leh, irrespective of if there is anyone or not. If no one is there , I will have a tea in Leh and will come back. If I get someone , I will travel with them. So booked my flight tickets.

17th September I will board the flight from Bangalore and 18th early morning I will reach Leh. Here is my plan.

It has [B]two parts[/B] , [B][U]from 18th September till 23rd September , till now, I am solo, and looking for travel mates[/U][/B]. [B]In the 2nd part , I have got a master traveller adc (the writer of the log link I have posted) will return back to Manali with me.[/B] We are still looking for travel mates , as it could be a lot of fun travelling together.

These who done know ADC, a brief introduction about him.

[B][I][U]I am open on my first part of itinerary.

[/U][/I][/B]

18th September –Reach Leh , Rest . Hire a bike to roam nearby Leh. ShantiStupa in the evening.

19th September – Leh to Lamayuru. Back to leh

20th September- Leh to Nubra Valley, Night stay at Hunder

21st September – Hunder to Pengong Via Wari La, Night stay at Pengong

22nd September – Pengong to Leh

23rd September – Back Up day

As of now I am travelling solo, and open for any change on the itinerary. [I]Currently I am planning to take bike , as I am solo now. I am very well ready for sharing cab with someone , if someone is tracing the route during the same time and looking for a travel mate. I can even join with any bikers group, if they are planning the route during the same time. I will take Wari La route only if I met someone who will be crossing Wari La on that same day- be it in bike or car, or even if I find any local transport crossing that route on that day.[/I]

[I]Second part of itinerary is fixed, and we are looking for 1 travel mate(Maximum two) , so that we can share the cost and can travel together.

[/I]

24th September : Leh- Tso Moriri(night stay)

25th September : Tso Moriri – Sarchu(night stay)

26th September : Sarchu to Manali by evening,

I have flight from Chandigarh on 27th evening and ADC also has train from there, So we will start from Manali on 26th September night for Chandigarh.

It is always a great experience to get to know some travel loving person. It is even better to travel with them. And the reason I am posting this here because I know Ladakh Bug is very very addictive and it bites only these travel crazy persons. And this travel forums are the union of these travellers.

[B][U][I]So are we travelling to Ladakh together ?[/I][/U][/B]

Can you please drop me a note at mithun.chatterjee@gmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Ladakh
Ladakh
Jammu and Kashmir, India
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
730 Reviews
Jammu and Kashmir, India
1. Re: Travel Companion for Ladakh from 18th Sep till 26th Sep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Leh