We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Safari "near" Bangalore for 1 night, 2 days

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jungle Safari "near" Bangalore for 1 night, 2 days

My husband and I will be in Bangalore at the beginning of July 2013 and will have the 3rd and 4th July free - we are departing from Bangalore airport at 9pm on the 4th. We would like to do a jungle safari for the night of the 3rd, hoping to see Elephants, Leopard and Tiger (knowing that the last 2 are rare - I am South African so I know cat sightings are almost purely by luck). I've been reading about Kabini River lodge and Orange County resort, both seem very nice though a little pricey (will pay it if really justified by the quality of the food and accomodation as well as safari offerings). What other options are there of a similar quality and do they all include a safari drive into a park (is there perhaps anything located inside the parks)? Are there A/C facilities at any lodges, or at least fans, as we are not really used to the heat and humidity.

More questions:

Would that area be best for a safari (I know it is monsoon season) or is there anything maybe closer to Bangalore that would be ok as well? Especially as we don't have that much time available. I guess the point is, is it worth driving that far for 1 night

Question 2. What are the costs to get from Bangalore to a safari lodge for 1 night?

Thank you in advance

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Safari "near" Bangalore for 1 night, 2 days

Gorukana is another cheaper and lower grade to Kabini River or Ornage country ttp://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297627-d1929597-r138415193-Gorukana-Karnataka.html

contact them to find whether they arrange safari

Orange country located in Bandipur wildlfie sanctuary you also try Nagarhole sancutary

Edited: 29 April 2013, 15:56
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Safari "near" Bangalore for 1 night, 2 days

Thank you for your response. I will look at Gorunkana as well. Can anyone perhaps tell me if they've been to Kaav Safari Lodge in Kabini?

Thank you

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle Safari "near" Bangalore for 1 night, 2 days

The chances of viewing game are probably better at Bandipur where there are JLR, The Serai as well as other resorts. The JLR at Dubare could also be an option but here there would be no big cats.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungle Safari "near" Bangalore for 1 night, 2 days

Your best option would be Jungle Lodges & Resorts,Bandipur,which provides you value for money accomodations & you can also avail the safari without being fleeced by the private operators.

5. Re: Jungle Safari "near" Bangalore for 1 night, 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 06:18