We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Surat, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Hello All, I have a hired a cab. I have one day at Bangalore, One day at Mysore and two days at Ooty.

I am asking this question because I am sending my elderly parents on a holiday so if anyone can help me out in chalking out itinerary I will be very thankful.

Regards

Vikram

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Hi,

Day 1.Bangalore local sight seeing.Night stay in Bangalore.

Day 2.Bangalore to Mysore & Mysore sight seeing.Night stay in Mysore.

Day 3.Mysore to Ooty.Ooty local sight seeing.Night stay in Ooty.

Day 4.Ooty - Coonoor & return back.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 12:08
Surat, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Thanks Dipak, my first question, can you help me with suggesting bangalore sight seeing spots, I will reach by morning, I have booked a cab and booked a hotel in Whitfield, I have whole day after breakfast at hotel, please tell me what places are possible to visit in bangalore in day time.

Regards

Vikram Gandhi

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Hi Vikram,

Whitefield is a bit away from the city centre.However you can cover the foll.

Lalbagh botanical garden(Avail battery car), try Bangalore's famous restaurant, MTR, opp Lalbagh main gate.Proceed to Basavanagudi bull temple, Gavigangadareswara temple, Tipu fort,Iskcon temple, Vidhana soudha & high court(For photo shoot),Venkatappa art gallery, etc;For handicrafts shopping try Kaveri (Karnataka govt emporium) on MG road.Wholesale market for silk sarees/dresses,etc; is in Chickpet n surrounding areas in Majestic area.

Rgds

Deepak.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 14:08
Surat, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Thanks for being so helpful, I am really done with bangalore now and if you can take a little time for me please guide me. I have hired cab after my first day in bangalore I have next day booked for Mysore and then next two days for Ooty, please guide me how should I take my cab.

Thanks.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Since you are taking the cab from Bangalore , this is what you can follow in Mysore

Bangalore

Ranganathaswamy Temple

Daria Daulat Bagh

KRS Dam and Vrindavan Gardens

St Philomena's Church

Mysore Palace

Mysore Zoo

Chamundi Hill with Temple

Proceed to hotel for night halt . Please discard any point you feel like, if its getting hectic for your parents .

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

from Mysore to Ooty you can do as below..

Mysore

Nanjangudu Temple

Via Bandipur and Mudumalai forest

Ooty Botanical garden

Ooty Lake

Proceed to Hotel

Next day you can visit Doddabetta peak and then proceed to Coonoor . From Coonoor you can board a train back to Oooty . this is an amazing journey and is a great experience .

Surat, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Thanks to both the top contributors, god bless you I am full of places and ideas, and I chalking out my final draft plan, will let you know by morning and please give your review.

Surat, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Hey deepak and nocturnal sir, I have chalked out my day in bangalore, next day as I have my cab I am planning to check out early morning and had towards Mysore, (I have just one day here)

1. I wants to know should I reach directly to Mysore and check in to hotel, have my breakfast, relax and then start my tour of Mysore or

2. I should take my breakfast along the way and reach hotel by lunch time. And along the way I cover few sight seeing ( I am open to both the options)

How should I maneuver my cab in pursuit of covering most of the places. Please can you people help me in step by step plan. Thanks in advance.

Next day morning I will check out again early morning and heads towards Ooty, I have two days booked there, can you please guide me same step by step planning for it I want to include cunnur if. Possible.

Regards

Surat, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Hey deepak and nocturnal sir, I have chalked out my day in bangalore, next day as I have my cab I am planning to check out early morning and had towards Mysore, (I have just one day here)

1. I wants to know should I reach directly to Mysore and check in to hotel, have my breakfast, relax and then start my tour of Mysore or

2. I should take my breakfast along the way and reach hotel by lunch time. And along the way I cover few sight seeing ( I am open to both the options)

How should I maneuver my cab in pursuit of covering most of the places. Please can you people help me in step by step plan. Thanks in advance.

Next day morning I will check out again early morning and heads towards Ooty, I have two days booked there, can you please guide me same step by step planning for it I want to include cunnur if. Possible.

Regards

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: itinerary help for Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty

Hi Kontaktgandhi,

1.Start early from Bengaluru,enroute near Ramanagaram,you can have a typical Karnataka/South Indian breakfast at Kamat Lokaruchi.

Ahead,visit Srirangapatna - Dariya Daulat-Tipu Tomb & reach Mysore.Check into a hotel & cover Mysore zoo(Opt for battery car to cover the zoo,as it is time saving & convenient).Visit Palace & finally,visit Brindavan Gardens.Enjoy musical fountain during dusk & return back to hotel.

2.Start early from Mysore.Enroute,visit Bandipur National forest & reach Ooty.Cover Ooty local sight seeing & go for boating in Ooty lake by evening.

Next day,visit Coonoor & back to Ooty.

Rgds

Deepak.