We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Mysore-coorg

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visiting Mysore-coorg

Hi,

We are planning to have 4 day trip to Bangalore from Hyderabad around October 11th. Below is the iternary I am planning. Please suggest if this is good or any other advice.

Day 1: Arrival at Bangalore, then travel to Mysore.

Site seeing in Mysore, and overnight stay

Day 2: Site seeing in Mysore and overnight stay

Day 3: Travel to coorg from Mysore and site seeing in coorg

Day 4: Site seeing in coorg

Day 5: Return coorg to Bangalore.

I'll be travelling with a kid, I would like to know how the weather will be like in October? Are there enough places to see in Mysore for two days, or is it going to be too much of leisure?

Also, is two days going to be too much in coorg or is it good enough? I dont want to make the trip either too hectic or too leisure. Hence, I planned for this, but please advice..

Considering the traffic, how long does it approx. take by car to travel from Bang to Mysore, Mysore to coorg and then from Coorg to Bangalore?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting Mysore-coorg

Getting out of Bangalore would take about an hour or more and to reach Mysore then onwards would take about 2.5 hours.

You could leave early and take a break at Lokruchi Kamat or one of the other cafes between Ramnagar and Maddur.

You could visit Srirangapatnam enroute and stop at The Mayura River View for lunch.

Your dates coincide with the Dasara Festivities, so there will be plenty to do. 2 days may in fact maybe too little.There is a website with details

Mysore to Coorg would take about 2 hours by car.

From Coorg you need not return to Mysore and can take the bye pass road from Elaval and it should take you about 5 hours to reach the outskirts of Bangalore.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting Mysore-coorg

Hi,

Your itinerary is perfect and you can enjoy two days in Coorg.Bengaluru - Mysore will need two days again with places enroute.

Bengaluru - Mysore: 3 hours without break.

Mysore - Coorg: 2 hours.

Coorg - Bengaluru: 5 hours.

3. Re: visiting Mysore-coorg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 06:19