We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise on trip- Ooty, mysore, kodaikanal and bangalore

Panjim, India
1 post
Save Topic
Advise on trip- Ooty, mysore, kodaikanal and bangalore

I will be coming to bangalore from Goa for a holiday during the end of April, 2014. . How many days I will require to cover up ooty, mysore, kodaikanal and bangalore. Is there any connecting trains/bus to go to mysore, ooty and kodaikanal from bangalore. Please help - linda My email address is: linda@nio.org

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,349 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise on trip- Ooty, mysore, kodaikanal and bangalore

Hi,

For covering major tourist places,you require 1-2 days in Bengaluru,1-2 days in Mysore,2 days in Ooty & 2 days in Kodai.

Bengaluru-Mysore is well connected ny trains & buses.From Mysore you can visit Ooty by road.Ooty-Kodai can be done by road or by train from Coimbatore.

The nearest railhead for Kodai is Kodai road station & is connected from Bengaluru as well as Coimbatore.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advise on trip- Ooty, mysore, kodaikanal and bangalore

Hi linda-

Bangalore- 1 day

Mysore-1day

Ooty+Coonoor-2 days

Kodai-2 days

there are 2 trains between Bangalore and Kodai and 25 trains between Bangalore and Myssore . Ooty is well-connected with Mysore.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advise on trip- Ooty, mysore, kodaikanal and bangalore

Linda let me cover the communication part as duration is already covered in other post. All the place you have mentioned is very well connected except one Ooty to Kodai kanal. For rest of the places you have very nice volvo buses and your best bet in KSRTC.

If you start from bangalore your plan should be like

Bangalore ---> Mysore-->Ooty-->Kodaikanal--> Bangalore ..

Except Ooty to Kodaikanal .. rest all places are covered by KSRTC. Check the offcial website for more details.

http://www.ksrtc.in/site/

From Mysore to Ooty though there is plenty of buses you can avail a private taxi. Benefit is you will cover Bandipur and Madhumalai National park in any case. You can avail safari also if you have private vehicle.

4. Re: Advise on trip- Ooty, mysore, kodaikanal and bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:21