We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip from banglore to kerala

Abu Dhabi, United...
3 posts
trip from banglore to kerala

Hello guys, please Help me important.

I want travel to kerala. i'm in banglore now. which the best way to travel from banglore to kerala? train or bus or plane? and long does trip take?

i want details and best time... I want to know the risk.

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
133 reviews
1. Re: trip from banglore to kerala

you should also tell us which part of kerala you want to go.

to cochin - overnite train journey will be ideal

trivandrum is bit far - you can take a flight.

there are lot of volvo buses running btwn bangalore and different cities in kerala. they are operated both by govt and pvt.

Flights will very much costly, followed by buses and train.

India
Level Contributor
39,490 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: trip from banglore to kerala

Bangalore to Trivendrum by train(1n) > Kovalam (1n) > Alleppey (1n) > Thekkadi (Kumili) Periyar (1n) > Munnar (2n) > Kochi (1n) > Bangalore by train.

Edited: 08 April 2011, 10:24
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: trip from banglore to kerala

Train journey in India is subjected to prior reservation, and at times trains get full even before a month. Make sure you book your tickets early.

Check www.irctc.co.in for availability.

In case you dont get reservations, look out for a volvo bus.

They run between Bangalore-Cochin-Alleppey-Trivandrum and the services are good.The journey between BLR and TVM would take 15-16 hours by a A/C Volvo Bus and the prices would be around INR 1200 for a one way trip.

Length of your trip depends on your choice of places to visit. You can start from Bangalore, take an overnight train or volvo bus to Kochi and explore Kochi that day, next day move to Munnar and enjoy the beauty of the tea plantations on the hills, Stay in Munnar for 2 days and then move to Thekkady, for the Periyar Lake.Next day you can leave Thekkady for Alleppey via Kottayam, stay in Alleppey for 2 days and take a boat ride on the famous Kerala backwaters.Alleppey to Kovalam is worth only if you like nice beaches with loads of tourists, you can return from Trivandrum, which is very close to Kovalam.

In case you don't have too many days to spare, remove Kovalam and TVM from your itinerary, but don't miss Munnar.

In terms of risk, I am not sure what you meant, but Kerala is basically safe and you will find wonderful people everywhere, wanting to help you out always!

You can hire a car from Kochi and do the trip to Munnar, Thekkady and Alleppey and return back to Kochi. It would cost INR 8 per km, if you hire a small car like the Tata Indica.

Let me know if you have more doubts, I did a 12 day Kerala trip recently, so I can help you out for sure.

4. Re: trip from banglore to kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 13:17