We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

Bangalore
6 posts
Save Topic
Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

We would like to travel from Bangalore to Cochin in a car, please give the road condition for the travel and the best route.

Thanks in advance

Srinath

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

Hi Srinath,

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

The best route would be Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Erode - Avinashi - Walayar - Angamally -Kochi.

You may also try the other route, i.e., Bangalore - Mysore - Masinagudi - Nilambur - Pattikad - Chavvakad - Thriprayar - Paravoor - Edapally - Kochi. This might be shorter by about 50 kms but a major part is hills.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 22 September 2011, 14:24
Bangalore
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

thanx buddy. how is the road and time taken?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

The first one is the general safe bet... All, more or less 4 lane highways. The other one via Mysore would be 2 lane and at times single. This is the professional route that is a adventure's route. They are hilly terrains but scenic, a tough ride. The first one would be a easy pass with a lot of good resting options etc. NH would take close to 9/10 hrs non stop and the other should take 12/13 hrs.

Bangalore
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

grateful to you .

regards

srinath

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

My pleasure. You may also consider reaching Coimbatore by route 2, turn in Nanjangod, and from Coimbatore follow route 1.

Bangalore
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

some one was mentioning about palakkad-thrissur-kochi [vytilla] .what about this

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

That is the route no. 1 I have mentioned. The combi of both I have indicated above would be Bangalore - Mysore - Nanjangudu - Chamrajnagar - Hasanur - Sathyamangalam - Puliampatti - Coimbatore - Palghat - Vadakkancherry - Chalakuddy - Angamally - Cochin. In case of taking this route, you need to take a diversion before Coimbatore, to avoid entering into the city. In that case, repost your message, I will let you know where exactly you need to take a diversion.

Bangalore
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

dear mr prasanna,

the map is slightly confusing.the route i make out is----blore-dhar'puri-salem-erode---nh 47-avinashi-kamachipuram-walayar-palakkad-angamaly-vytilla[destination.]

i hope im not too clumsy. sorry eating ur head.this is the first time .hence all d doubts.

regards

Bangalore
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

dear mr prasanna,

thanx for all the guidance and help.i had a wonderful journey. we came back safely.the road is bad only frm palakkad to thrissur ,that too only a patch of a few kms. rest is good

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangalore to Cochin Road conditions????

Hello Srinath,

How was your trip from B'lore to Kerala, please share the experinece and the route you have taken. What are the places you visited and where did you stay.

thanks

vip