We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangalore international airport connection

Boston
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Bangalore international airport connection

Hi, I am traveling to Bangalore for business and arriving at the international airport at 2:00am.

My connecting flight to Calcutta is at 6:00am. Is there a rest area/lounge in Bangalore airport where I can hangout for a couple of hours or should I get a hotel room?

suggestions please?

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangalore international airport connection

Bangalore airport has waiting areas with comfortable seats and access to public conveniences, some eating places, bars,shops( these may not be open) and internet access. Not much point booking a hotel.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangalore international airport connection

There isn't any rest area or lounge. But, you can sit at seating areas near gates or in some coffee shops that may be open at odd hours. Else, check with your domestic airline if they have their private lounge which you could access.

Like the previous poster suggests, it's pointless going to a hotel. If you land at 2 am, you might clear the formalities and get your luggage only by 3 am. For a 6am flight, you have to report by 5 am latest (check with the airline if it has to be earlier), in any case.

Boston
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangalore international airport connection

Thanks for your replies. This helps a lot

4. Re: Bangalore international airport connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 10:15