We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamburg
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

Hi all

I have a planned trip to bangalre after holiday in sri lanka.

My proposed plan is as this

31 Nov morning arrival take train to chennai (for some academic work)

01 evening /night to ooty or coroner

03 sight seeing

04 mysore excursions

05 bangalore and tale a flight at night

is this doable ?

what are the suggestions to see in bangalore (i've been to once but mainly for shopping)

ooty or coroner, many say coroner is better and less crowd , any advises?

mysoore, what are the possibilities?

we have two adults and two ?half adults and, plan to have train as main mode of transfer between cities

what are the accommodation suggestions, guest houses with A/C

Thanks in advance

Helma

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

Hello,

why don't you add Bird sanctuary on way to mysore. would be good for your half adults.

off2srilanka

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

So its basically Nov 1st -5 th . yuo can plan it as below .

Take a train from Chennai to Mysore preferably Shatabdi Exp and reach Mysore Jn at 1300 IST . you can visit Srirangapatna , KRS Dam and Vrindavan Gardens in the evening .

Next day you can visit the Zoo , St Philomena's Church , Chamundeswari temple/hill, Mysore palace etc and move to Ooty.

Sightseeing at Ooty and Coonoor in one day.

Next day take an early bus to Bangalore. U can visit the Bangalore Palace, Bull temple,Museum etc.

if you have time before the flight , check if you can visit Nandi Hills and then to the Airport .

Hamburg
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

Hi,

Thank you both for the help

What about some wildlife or Bird sanctuary, my kids are wildlife nuts, any luck of spotting tiger or Lian nearby, I don't mind extending for a another day or two.

Also my work at chennai finishes at 1600 hr is it possible to take night train to mysore

Helma

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

There is a night train to Mysore from Chennai which would reach Mysore by 0730 next morning. The wildlife reserves with easy access are Nagarhole,Bandipur and Kabini, while Ranganathitoo is a bird Sanctuary near Mysore. We have lions in the wild only in Gujerat, and the chances of spotting a tiger are remote. The Mysore Zoo has recently built kraals for their tigers and while it is not a substitute for seeing a tiger in the wild, it is nvertheless a good experience. Both Karanji lake and Kukrahalli Lakes in Mysore have an abundance of bird life. You can combine Bandipur with the Nilgiris and there are great views and walks around Kotagiri, but an overnight in the area would be advisable. You could also consider Dubare Elephant Reserve in Coorg about 90 km from Mysore and you can combine this with rafting or rides in coracles

Hamburg
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

Hi There,

Thanks again for the information

How would a arrangement go for Bird parks can we have day trip or Half a day Nagarhole,Bandipur , Kabini, and Ranganathitoo , what the best suggestion.

Night train to Mysore from Chennai, can online Ticket book-able, how long is the drive and cost for A/c seats.

One other Q, Ooty & Coonoor or ooty 0r Coonoor

Helma

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

You can book Chennai Mysore train ticket online. Ranganathitto can be done as a half day excursion from Mysore. For Nagarhole,Bandipur or Kabini preferable to spend a night at or near reserve.

My personal preference would be for Kotagiri rather than Ooty or Coonoor as less crowded,more scenic.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

Hi

I have planned trip to banglore, mysore, ooty.

i want to know that first i should visit ooty or banglore? and how far is mysore from both cities.

plez help me to plan my trip.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

Hi,

Bangalore to Mysore is 140 kms. & from Mysore to ooty is around 130 kms.

Mysore is the centre point & Bangalore & Ooty are in opposite directions.

Generally the ideal itinerary would be Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty & back to Bangalore.Again depends on your plan of arrival City.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

Accurate info given by Mr.Deepak.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bangalore mysore ooty/coroner advise

thanks alot deepak.