We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places near Bangalore for 4 days

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
5 posts
Save Topic
Places near Bangalore for 4 days

Hi,

Me and my husband planning to go for a vacation in April near by 10 April.

Please help me to select the correct place and transport details also.

I am thinking of Munnar,Corg,Oty

Bangalore
Level Contributor
121 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places near Bangalore for 4 days

Ooty, Munnar & Coorg are all way apart from each other.

Since you have only 4 days, I suggest that you visit one of these places instead of all 3. You can stop over at Mysore for one day enroute. If you are interested in wildlife, you can visit any of the 3 national parks enroute.

So, here are two probable plans

Plan 1#

Day 1 - Bangalore to Mysore and see around Mysore.

Day 2 - Mysore to Bandipur / Mudumalai. Spend the day in Bandipur/Mudumalai

Day 3- Proceed to Ooty.

Day 4- Ooty and return to Bangalore

If you are not interested in wildlife, you can spend day 2 in Mysore and go to Ooty directly

Plan #2

Day 1- Bangalore to Mysore and see Mysore.

Day 2-Proceed to Nagarhole

Day 3- Go to Madikeri (Coorg)

Day 4 - Madikeri and return to Bangalore

Similar to plan 1, you can spend the day 2 in Mysore or in Madikeri instead of Nagarhole. Unlike plan 1, nagarhole is quite a detour to Madikeri and there are fewer accommodation options in Nagarhole compared to Bandipur/Mudumalai/Masinagudi

Bengaluru, India
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places near Bangalore for 4 days

Thanks for your response..But I am not thinking for all 3 places instead one of them..SO which is better option among them or others ...

Also I already seen Mysore so that option is auto-discarded..

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places near Bangalore for 4 days

Hi, Munnar is approx 490 kms from Bangalore, whereas Coorg and Ooty are within 280-300 kms. So if you are driving , you can chose from Ooty or Coorg. Ooty is a pukka tourist place where as Coorg is way behind in catering to tourist needs .

between Coorg an Ooty i would have gone for Coorg , if i had got a GREAT resort with scenic view .

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places near Bangalore for 4 days

The Nilgiris as well as Coorg have a lot going for them. If you choose the Nilgiris you could choose from Coonoor,Ooty or Kotagiri and also include a game drive from Bandipur,Mudumalai or Masinagudi.

Coorg now has several luxury resorts , Plantation stays and very good quality home stays. Here too you could include Nagerhole or Dubare for a game drive.

5. Re: Places near Bangalore for 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:15