We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangalore or mysore

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
119 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
bangalore or mysore

can anyone please help with only 8 weeks to go before we arrive in india I now wonder if we should stay im mysore for 3 nights and 3 in Bangalore or would it be better to just stay in Bangalore for the 6 nights the reason for this the flight times has changed we don't land in Bangalore till 6 pm and then have to travel to mysore from the airport about 3 hours I think so one night will be lost just in going to bed and then one day lost travelling back to Bangalore also can anyone tell me what the melange lavelle garden apartments are like in bangalore and are they close to the sightseeing. many thanks sue

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangalore or mysore

May not be a good idea to stay in Bangalore for 6 nights unless food and shopping are your main interests.

Melange is conveniently located for the main attractions in South Bangalore.However traffic in Banglore is horrific

There is now a flybus from Bangalore airport to Mysore leaving at 9.45pm and it will reach Mysore in 3.5 hours. You could choose to stay at Pai Vista across the suburban bus stand.The cost for the flybus is Rs1000 per head. A taxi would cost about Rs 3000.

Mysore is much less frenetic and has many places within easy reach of tourist interest. You could consider spending your last night in Bangalore before your flight next day. The Shatabdi train which leaves Mysore at 2 pm reaches Bangalore by 4 pm would be convenient or the Tippu Express which leaves Mysore at 11 am. You also have the option of going straight to the airport from Mysore at 2pm reaching Bangalore Airport at 6pm.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangalore or mysore

Mysore has more things to see or more interesting things to see than Bangalore 3+3 should be fine. Lavelle road is an excellent location in Bangalore, Since Bangalore's sightseeing has spread across the city it would not make any difference, but from a central location point of view Lavelle road is excellent . 2 full days in Mysore might be enough but 3 with 3 days it can be more relaxed. As the member has posted above, 1st night in Bangalore, leave to Mysore the next day and come back and exit out through Bangalore.

(If you plan on travelling by road to Mysore I suggest u get an early start to avoid the traffic)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bangalore or mysore

If your flight arrives at 6 pm, it will be 7 pm by the time you exit the airport. I do not recommend driving at night to Mysore. I suggest the following plan for 6 days:

Day 1 - Arrive 6 pm, transfer to hotel in Bangalore. Shower and relax. Overnight Bangalore

Day 2 - Lesiurely breakfast, sightseeing in Bangalore. Overnight Bangalore

Day 3 - From Bangalore, drive 4hrs to Hassan. On the way visit Sravanabelagola. There is a nice place called Hoysala Village Resort. Check in there and relax in the afternoon.

Day 4 - Morning visit Belur and Halebid temples. After lunch, check out and drive to Mysore about 3.5hrs

Day 5 - Mysore sightseeing

Day 6 - Drive 4hrs to Bangalore, visiting the historic city of Srirangapatana on the way. Go straight to the airport

See this map: http://goo.gl/maps/S6MBH

Edited: 20 September 2013, 12:19
Nottingham
Level Contributor
119 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangalore or mysore

thank you your answers has help a lot hope you don't mind if I have a few more questions in the next couple of weeks sue

5. Re: bangalore or mysore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:18