We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meet european people there

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rijeka, Croatia
6 posts
Save Topic
meet european people there

Dear,

I am a pensioner interesting in spend ap to six months in Bangalore. I am alone and I would like to meet some european people there, who would help me to get comfortable. Perhaps it would be better if I can find companion in Europe, so we can travell together, or we can meet in Bangalore.

I am also interested to know wether is better to stay in hotel or in rented flat, and with how much money per month one can survive.

I planned to travel to India only by November 2014.

Thanks for your kind answer, ana

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
83 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: meet european people there

hello Ana,

Well, you can try out any of the social media networks to find europeans staying/visiting Bangalore during your visit. As far as accommodation is concerned, you can get good service apartments in various localities of bangalore. Rentals per month would be b/w INR 15k to 40k depending on localities and amneties. you can also try out various tourist places around bangalore and divide your 6month stay in these places. Mysore, Coorg, Mangalore, Ooty would be good options.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: meet european people there

Hi Ana

just arrive Banglore and me too alone

and want company to share my time

just email me

sfhaat@gmail.com

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: meet european people there

Hi Ana,

I feel Goa would be most suitable place for you as hundreds of Europeans come there for longer stays. Please try Goa Forum and all your querries re stay, cost of living etc. would answered. These topics have already been discussed so please try to find it out there.

There you have sun, sand , good restaurnts, accommodation at reasonable cost and lots of Europeans.

Sanjiv

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: meet european people there

Adding Pondicherry to the list .

5. Re: meet european people there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 13:32
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: meet european people there

Hi Ana,

In Bangalore a 2BHK (2 bedroom with hall and kitchen) in a reasonable location could be anywhere between 15,000 to 25,000 Rupees). The rest of the expenses depends on an individual and can vary a lot depending on the life-style of the person.

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: meet european people there

Hi ana,

If u like to stay in bangalore for 6 months continuously, then renting is good option. It depends on how much luxury you need and what type of place you need - like centre of city or near some calm surrounding places. Renting a house is cheaper than staying in a Hotel. And also service apartments or service flats are also like hotels but they kitchen to cook your own dishes. But the costs are same like hoteld. For, that you can rent a house as your wish and buy some simple kitchen wares and you can easily live. Costs will be less compared to Service apartments. and for six months you will save a lot :). So, decide before you proceed anything.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: meet european people there

Travel for a cause:

Dear All,

We would like to introduce our company Gyanacharitra as a social business which focuses on serving communities. It aims at imparting FREE EDUCATION to poor kids along with providing assistance to their parents on setting up cottage industries. Our aim is to eradicate extreme poverty and to financially empower the economically backward families.

Our community service programs ranges from 1 – 12 months. WE CHARGE A NOMINAL FEE OF 750 USD FROM THE INTERNS to meet the expenses of various social activities we perform. The fee is inclusive of Airport pick up, Accommodation, Food, Mobile Sim Card, Internet, Conveyance and Airport drop. Along with this every intern would be paid a stipend of 3200 Rs per month. We would also provide every assistance to the interns in carrying on their day to day activities.

We are accepting applications for the month of August and beyond.

We are looking for dynamic students who would like to come to India as intern and be a part of our programs. Students can gain experience in teaching English, Science, Math, Arts and crafts to underprivileged students along with providing training on starting cottage industry to economic backward families making them financially independent.

For detailed information regarding our company and contribution to society kindly visit http://gyanacharitra.com/ or send an email to rishi@gyanacharitra.com

Job Title: Internship - Educate the underprivileged in India

Responsibilities involved:

• Educating underprivileged kids.

• Motivating these kids to continue school.

• Explaining them the need of education.

• Influencing Street kids to join government schools.

• Guiding street kids towards a better life.

• Motivating drop outs to join school again.

• Understanding child labour, finding solutions to end it and implementing those solutions on the society

• Conducting workshops on handicrafts.

• Helping families of these kids to start making and selling handicrafts.

• Motivating women to be financially independent

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: meet european people there

If you wanna stay for months in Bangalore, you can rent a room on monthly basis in Uniworld (located at Electronic City). Learn more about Uniworld at http://www.uniworldindia.com/

10. Re: meet european people there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:16