We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places around Bangalore, except Coorg

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Places around Bangalore, except Coorg

Hey all!

I will be coming down to Bangalore for a week long holiday with my family in mid June. The first three days of my trip will be spent in Coorg and I am really looking forward to that. But after that, I have almost three days at hand and I am looking for other places to explore.

I wanted to explore the beaches of Udupi and Gokarna but have been advised against those because of the rainy weather of June. What other places should I consider?

I was looking at Kabini but all the resorts there seem extremely luxurious and over-priced for me. Does anyone know of any affordable places in Kabini?

If not, what other places should I include in my itinerary. The catch is they should be close to Bangalore as my flight back is from the Bangalore airport on the final day.

Bangalore travelers, please advise!

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,222 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places around Bangalore, except Coorg

Wayanad is a good choice.but there is around 5hours journey.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places around Bangalore, except Coorg

You can consider Mysore / Bandipur for 3 days program, returning to Bangalore Air port from Mysore.

Alternatively, you can come to Mysore and visit Yercaud / Hogenakkal.

Belur / Halibid / Shravanabelagula is a great option too.

Mangalore / Udupi / Chikmagalur can also be considered. But some of these places may have a rainy season. Not sure how real / heavy it will be!

All these are few hours / one night journey from Bangalore, you may have to plan accordingly.

3. Re: Places around Bangalore, except Coorg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:16