We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mysore to Bangalore Airport

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Mysore to Bangalore Airport

Hi all,

I was looking to book direct bus service from Mysore to Bangalore airport - flybus and has couple of questions regarding the same.

- I have a flight at 9:15 PM and was trying to book 3 PM flybus from Mysore.

- Is it reliable and can I be sure about catching my flight?

- Where exactly do flybus start from in Mysore, I am not able to find it properly.

regards

Puneet

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

3 PM flybus reaches the Bengaluru international airport at 7 PM. Looking at the distance to be covered and the typical traffic, this looks reasonable, On Sundays there may be extra traffic, you can allot 30 to 45 minutes for that as a worst case scenario.

From that perspective, I think you can reach airport comfortably before 8 PM and catch your 9:15 Bus.

Flybus services start at Mysore bus stand. You can check ksrtc.in website for the exact timings, booking

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

The flybus departs from the Suburban Bus stand opposite Pai Vista Hotel. Not to be confused with the City Bus stand which abuts the Palace.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

awesome that is what I was looking for, it is reliable right? like runs everyday?

lets say I miss it or something. what will be fastest way to reach Bangalore airport (not using taxi) i.e. where to get down and change for airport where?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

@puneet1622

It is very much reliable, But if you miss it or for some reason you are not able to use it, you need to catch some other bus (as you are not using a taxi) and reach Bangalore quickly. There you need to reach Hebbal and then proceed to air port.

In case you are coming in a government bus, you will be reaching Majestic, from where there are regular buses to air port. But I am not sure you would have enough time. Best option would be to avoid coming inside the city.

This map may give you an idea (Note: that uses a car route, just for your understanding):

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Mysore,+Karnataka/Kempegowda+International+Airport,+Devanahalli,+Bangalore,+Karnataka+560300/@13.008362,77.6322096,12z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x3baf70381d572ef9:0x2b89ece8c0f8396d!2m2!1d76.6393805!2d12.2958104!1m5!1m1!1s0x3bae1cfe75446265:0x296c70e9a129418e!2m2!1d77.707691!2d13.204492!3e0

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

Thanks ! very helpful

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

Flybus is reliable & runs on schedule.

Else,there are plenty of regular volvo buses from Mysore to Bengaluru.From Bengaluru(Preferably Majestic bus station),you can avail BMTC Vayu vajra(Volvo) to the airport

Edited: 24 June 2014, 05:39
Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

thanks again, appreciate it!

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

One another quick question .. is it ok to book tickets from http://www.ksrtc.in/

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

it is ok to buy tickets from their websites . Just to add you have plenty of trains plying between Mysore and Bangalore .

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
12,186 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mysore to Bangalore Airport

If you miss the fly bus at 3 p.m. then I wouldn’t advise you to take a train. As the next available train is Bangalore Mysore passenger and Chamundi Express reaching Bangalore at 20.05 and 21.10 respectively. As your flight is at 9 p.m. and you have to reach the airport at least by 7.30, I will never advise you to take the next available train. Make sure there is a bus option available, else the only alternative is to take a cab straight to Bangalore airport.